Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan News

Old 03-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Default The New 1LE Camaro

Hope the rule makers are aware of this coming down the pipe. Seems like a tailored fit for limited prep. But darn it. It has a 6 speed in it and probably needs a dog box for reliability to save us all some money.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...ar/0327_camaro

Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 PM

I like it.

Darryl
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM

That thing is bad ass. Still gonna suffer from the same thing, if it uses the supercharged motor (ie, "Using the technologies from the ZL1), the car is gonna way something like 4100 pounds. Additionally, the rims are going to be 20s because the brakes are 15.6 inches including caliper. with all that horsepower, it should weigh 6000 pounds under the TI weight to hp ratio. We should put a SIR on it that turns the inlet into and bb gun bullet hole.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 AM

By my read its a zl1 camaro minus the supercharger. Has all the other zl1 goodies though. It would be nice to know where it comes in on weight. I guess find the zl1 weight and subtract the supercharger and accessories and you'd be close.

For 2013, the 1LE package is offered only on 1SS and 2SS coupe models, featuring a 6.2L LS3 V-8, which is rated at 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb-ft of torque (569 Nm). In addition, 1LE is only available with a six-speed manual transmission.
While the Camaro SS features a Tremec TR6060-M10 for all-around performance, the Camaro 1LE features an exclusive Tremec TR6060-MM6. Paired with a numerically higher 3.91 final-drive ratio, the close-ratio gearing of the transmission is tuned for road-racing performance. As with the ZL1, the 1LE transmission features a standard air-to-liquid cooling system for track use
Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 AM

That is a cool car. Don't forget the quick acting short throw shifter trimmed in sueded microfiber. The 7" color screen radio is just what you need for those long straights at RA.
Sub 3 minute lap time at VIR. What is a good AS lap time at VIR?

Jack
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmartin View Post
That is a cool car. Don't forget the quick acting short throw shifter trimmed in sueded microfiber. The 7" color screen radio is just what you need for those long straights at RA.
Sub 3 minute lap time at VIR. What is a good AS lap time at VIR?

Jack
2:06 unless you count last years tornado party!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM

They do their test times with the full course which we don't run
Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Theres some banter going on that a mustang laguna seca's best lap is 3:02:??? Supposedly on stickier tires than the camaro comes with. But we know how reliable magazine data can be. What we need is some Tom Wallace data. Where are you Tom? I know your watching.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny"TheKid"Richardson View Post
That thing is bad ass. Still gonna suffer from the same thing, if it uses the supercharged motor (ie, "Using the technologies from the ZL1), the car is gonna way something like 4100 pounds. Additionally, the rims are going to be 20s because the brakes are 15.6 inches including caliper. with all that horsepower, it should weigh 6000 pounds under the TI weight to hp ratio. We should put a SIR on it that turns the inlet into and bb gun bullet hole.
I can't find any information on the +15 inch rotors. I'm seeing 14.6 and 14.4 but I haven't really dug into it. Hoosier doesn't even make 20 inch d.o.t's for those wheels so we could mandate a smaller wheel for it. If the brakes won't clear the smaller wheels, I might have something to fix that if its an issue. Its rated at 426 hp, the target power we hoped for in the full prep cars. I'm sure a serious diet could get it down to a reasonable weight. For under 40 k and don't forget if you blow the motor, just take it to Kopper and ask for warranty work.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:33 PM

It's 15 something with caliper. Trust me I measured