Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Off-Topic

Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM

Default RacinBoys.com tonight

The first SCCA based web show will be tonight at 7:00 C.T. on RacinBoys.com
The show "Shifting Gears" will be hosted by Ron Keith (Super Production - former ASA racer), Mike Dickerson, from SCCA, and your humble servant, Jim Wheeler.
There is a call in number in K.C. and an 888 number, plus you can email comments by going to the forum part of the site and find the shifting gears link.
There will be three or four segments that can be watched live, or can be viewed individually from tomorrow on.
I don't have a clue how it will all work, but we are going to give it a shot, anyway.
Tonight we will introduce ourselves, talk a little about the F1 race, maybe the Robby Gordon/Marcos Andros dust-up in Canada.
We will have a couple of guests, Shawn Hill, a fairly new solo driver, and a totally new road racer, Lenny Mullin.

We will also talk a little about the new corners at HPT, the upcoming event and whatever else time allows.

Feel free to call the 888 number and give us some shit. PHONE #'s 888-883-6363 toll free, and 816-833-8553 local in K.C.
wheel

Last edited by jimwheeler; 08-08-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 PM
socalta

How did it go??? I saw some of the video clips. I was going to call but got busy at the office....
Old 08-09-2007, 02:05 PM

For a first show it went pretty well. Burr and Mike are good guys and we are pretty comfortable with each other already. We had three or four callers late in the show and one email. We had a new SP V8 stock car racer and a second generation solo guy in the studio. The live show just steams audio and then they put up the video with all the pictures, etc. when it goes on the next day. I think, once the word gets out, it should be a good show. I would like to do an all SM show, an all AS show, an all Production, etc. with guests on by phone, as well as in the studio.
We are going to welcome controversy about the rules process, whatever your bitch, you can bring it on.
Lot of work, but kind of fun, and it think it will be good for the sport if we can expand it beyond just our division. That's the plan.
wheel
Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM
socalta

It all looked pretty good on the video clips... I'll be tuning in
Old 08-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Great job with this Wheel! Sorry, I didn't get a chance to tune in last night. I was busy working on the car. I'll definitely check out the clips tonight.

-Kopp
Old 08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
socalta

how long do you guys spend in make-up and when is the Wheel bobble-head due out?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:27 PM

Obviously, if you are asking about make-up, you didn't pay attention. I need to re-light the set. With that lighting my hay fever puffy eyes look like I have a couple of helmet bags hanging there.
wheel
Old 08-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler
my hay fever puffy eyes
Hay fever.

Yeaaaahhhhh right
Old 08-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Well, the age part of it goes without saying. I just applied for Social Security today.
wheel
Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
socalta

on a serious note ... good first show ....

Last edited by socalta; 08-09-2007 at 07:49 PM.