Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 10-13-2009, 09:41 PM

Default Intake Manifolds EGR

Guys:

I am ordering my new intake and I noticed that the 7101 intake is a NON EGR intake. What the heck? Does anyone have an intake and does the EGR passage do anything like allow exhaust gasses to pass under the carb. Please let me know what the passage does.

I am really beginning to loss my mind over this stuff.

Philip
Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Philip,

Don't panic, I think you are confusing a heat riser under the carb (a popular topic of discussion of late) for EGR, they are not the same.

Most, if not all, of the Performer RPM manifolds are "non EGR" according to Edelbrock literature, but they still have the heat riser under the carb to better atomize fuel (at least that is the theory).

If you haven't ordered that intake yet, hold on, I just got one from friend fo mine that I will be listing on the site this week, brand new in the box, UNALTERED, still in the plastic bag, I am a Ford guy so it is of no use to me. He just brought over a bunch of stuff for me to sell on Craigs list, and I thought the intake would be a good piece for this site.

Andy
Old 10-13-2009, 10:17 PM

What does EGR mean?

I am interested in buying your intake. How much and what year is it?

Philip
Old 10-13-2009, 10:29 PM

Philip,

EGR is exhaust gas recirculation, it typically involves taking some spent exhaust gas and recycling it through the intake, you see the EGR valves on the back of some carburated intake manifolds, and on the intake side of the throttle body on most fuel injected applications. It is all part of the "smog pump" deal that most of us hot rodders take off, or disable, the first time we open the hood.

My buddy just brough this stuff over today and piled it up in my shop, I noticed the 7101 intake and thought of this site, I only looked at it briefly, but was still in the bag, in the Edelbrock box. I think it might be a couple of years old, got bought for a project and never used, but the box didn't get wet or anything, I am sure it was stored inside, but anyway, let me take a better look at it to make sure, and I will let you know tomorrow what I need for it. What is your zip, and I can calculate shipping also.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 10-13-2009, 10:41 PM

Andy:

When you look at it see what those passages do?

I will send you a shipping label.

Philip