Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Off-Topic

Old 07-31-2020, 02:58 PM

Default Everyone safe?

Is everyone safe and healthy? I, as a person with a direct target on my head, should I get the virus, have chosen not to race at all this season. It is the first time, since 1975 that I have not raced, and the first time (except shooting major spots in 2001) that I have missed the Runoffs since 1998. That being said, I am comfortable with wearing a mask and social distancing to stay alive and prevent a threat to Claudia. I have not been in a store since we went to Sam's Club in the first week of March. I have been using parking lot delivery and ship to home services exclusively. I have not been in a hardware store or a parts store for five ****ing months. I am slowly going insane. thanks, for listening. wheel
Old 07-31-2020, 06:30 PM

Default Safe

Jim --

Everyone at Richardson Racing is doing well and continues to follow guidelines in Maryland. I personally have been home since 1/30, the day after my knee surgery. I do lots of online stuff and pickup for groceries as well. Did a pickup with Danny at Home Depot when we decided to do a veggie garden (it is doing well for our first try). RR has made it to two race events and plans one more before the Runoffs. Last weekend I took my truck/camper to Summit Point to be safety steward for a Drivers School. That went well too. I shared my track safety plans with my doctor and he indicated it was really good!

Yes, staying at home with very limited outings is really a challenge for everyone. Hope things continue to go well for you and Claudia! Pam
Old 08-01-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Staying safe Wisconsin Version

Staying safe here. We also decided not to race or teach this tear. I did go to the Road America Indy car event. The track is doing everything to try and keep everyone safe. The social distancing is there but not as much as I would have liked to see.

For the folks who plan on doing the Runoffs, Wisconsin just instituted a "mask required EVERYWHERE". That was yesterday, today that decision in in the hands of the court.

Everyone stay safe and if things change here that will affect the Runoffs I will try and keep everyone updated.

Jeff