Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan General

Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 PM

Default RP 2011 Mustang GT Build

As many know I'm rebuilding my T3 Mustang into a RP Mustang GT for AS. The car is about ready to head to Angry Sheep on Friday to get the new 5.0L Coyote engine installed and the rest of the T&A Shocks suspension updates. We just finished rewiring the entire car and removed the interior harness over this past weekend.

The car should come in at 3250 without driver and we need to get to 3600 pounds with driver. So with me at 290 I will have to carry 60 pounds of lead. The goal is VIR. I will be running a mix back of Nationals due to a move that was scratched and a new move that should be happening in the next couple of weeks to the Marietta, GA area. Which is to bad that it won't be ready for the Road Atlanta Major.

Here are some pictures. More to come.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 AM

Come on down to CFR, it would be cool to see that Mustang buzzing around Daytona!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM

Looks Great Cheyne!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM

Very nice.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 PM

Thanks guys. Dropped off the car today to Chris Childs to have the new engine put in and some other work done.

Here is my new weapon. The previous owner pulled it out of the car after 1000 miles to put in another Coyote that was built up for Drag racing.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Chris @ Angry Sheep = good guy. Keep us posted Cheyne!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Chris got the engine out of the car to get ready to put in the V8. Now we just need to get from Ford a new alternator, flywheel and slave cylinder for the clutch. The last of the suspension bits are getting dropped off tonight from T&A Shocks.

If anyone has an interest in a 3.7L V6 we are selling it and the transmission for $2000.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Titanium

Hey Cheyne, I was nice to talk with you yesterday. Like I said I'm always lurking around here
Old 03-13-2013, 05:10 PM

A couple of more pictures from Chris came in today. He had to do some surgery on my roll cage to get the new rear suspension to go in. My car was built with the Ford kit cage which is geared towards Grand-Am and World Challenge. Both series and club Touring Mustangs are allowed coil overs on all 4 corners. So when he tried to put in the T&A Shocks spring kit that goes back on the axle we had to move the diagonal bars as they were in the way of the new weight jacker adjusters. It would have been so much easier to just have rear coil overs instead of spending a small fortune to get the same adjustability out of springs on the axles. In the end it cost me close to $2000 to move from coil overs to on the axle.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:30 PM

Another update to the car. Looks like the first National will be Blackhawk followed by Mid-Ohio. We hope to have the car back to me in the next couple of weeks.

The new engine is in the car. We had a few problems with parts that we needed that didn't come with it like the alternator, starter and fly wheel.

We have also started on brake plumbing. We are keeping the stock master/booster, but removing the ABS system from the car. This way we can control front/rear which is normally controlled by the ABS system. So we put in a prop valve and some new lines.