Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Technical

Old 03-25-2021, 06:54 PM

Default AS Mustang Dyno

Why are AS FP drivers so full of crap?

They repeatedly claim they only make X amount of HP and Tq, including claiming less Tq than my Coyote makes. Supposedly I am right on top of what they make....

Here's Steve Ott's Mustang making 410 HP and 368TQ. I could be confused, it may depict the engine as being mounted on a car/dyno shaped engine stand in which case I owe the FP community an apology... BUT, it really looks like he is making 410/368 at the ground. YMMV... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-uxrXJnKsk
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2021, 08:01 PM

Thats my video and the horsepower number stated is flywheel. As you can see I did not put WHP anywhere in the video. Full prep 302's make in the ballpark of 430ish hp. Some make more, some make less. Accusing us of lying is pretty aggressive and unwarranted in my opinion. I'd also be more then willing to let someone chassis dyno my car at any point during a race weekend and they can drive it as I know the next response would be that we sandbag the dyno results. An RP mustang currently holds the track record at NJMP which is a track that many of the fastest drivers show up to every year. Sorry if you misinterpreted my video
Old 03-26-2021, 02:57 PM

Well, I did state that I would apologize to the AS FP drivers for being full of crap. I apologize. I didn't call them liars. I get a constant barrage of we don't make that much/we don't have results. One of them even claims he doesn't know how to do a chassis dyno pull (car in 4th gear, stand on gas to redline) Nobody ever actually states a number or results. If they admit they make 450hp on an engine dyno they want to claim 20% drivetrain loss.

Then I run across your video and mistakenly took it at face value. It's such a common practice to show a car on a chassis dyno and then post engine dyno results without pointing that out. What was I thinking???
Old 03-27-2021, 08:53 AM

Ahhh so you’re going the condescending route now, well I unfortunately don’t have time to waste trolling the Asedan forums all day and complaining about an RP car that was competing for top 5 at ROAD AMERICA Runoffs last year and has since gotten more HP. Maybe spend less time bashing us FP guys online and give Mr Lavigne a call, or maybe Brain Licklider the TR holder at NJMP. Both drive RP coyote’s and might be able to help make you fast. I hope you have a nice day sir and good luck this season!
Old 03-27-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86notch View Post
Ahhh so you’re going the condescending route now, well I unfortunately don’t have time to waste trolling the Asedan forums all day and complaining about an RP car that was competing for top 5 at ROAD AMERICA Runoffs last year and has since gotten more HP. Maybe spend less time bashing us FP guys online and give Mr Lavigne a call, or maybe Brain Licklider the TR holder at NJMP. Both drive RP coyote’s and might be able to help make you fast. I hope you have a nice day sir and good luck this season!

More like contending for 8th but for the fact that 3 faster cars broke/fell off the track. Never within 2 seconds of the pace all week. He got a reward of 5HP. Yipee Skipee...

Looks like you had a miserable week...