Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 05-23-2019, 05:11 PM

Default Heartland Motorsport Park

Congrats to Jim Wheeler for 2 first place finishes last weekend. The weather didn't cooperate, rain on Saturday and cool on Sunday. Jim was lights out in the rain and won overall. I was really struggling with a bad vibration under braking. Andy Schniedermeyer ran a good steady race for a solid second. We won't even talk about the strange grid, they had no times from qualifying and just seem to flip coins, basically a total CF.

Sunday was a new day and the rain had stopped. Hoping that I fixed the vibration I went out for qualifying but damn, it was still there. I did manage to qualify two spots behind Wheel and had one idea left to cure the vibration. I was a bit tentative coming into turn 1 to find the vibration was finally gone. It was game on as Jim would say. I was pushing hard and keeping up with Jim until the leaders went by nose to tail. Not wanting to get in their way I parked it on the outside of 11 to let them by giving Jim a good lead at that point. I tried to close it back down but the tires were done. Looking at the results on Speedhive is funny, we turned some good laps for the first 10 laps of the race then we were up and down. Jim set a new lap record at 1:33.110, my best lap was 1:33.918.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:21 PM

Pretty much as Tim described it. Saturday was one of the best races I have ever driven. Right on the limit in the rain, without a missed corner. On Sunday, I screwed up on the 4th lap and did a three point tank slapper into the mud and wet grass, but managed to save it, hitting several cones, (No penalty for cones in road racing). Tim closed up and I put my head down and ran off three really good laps to keep him at bay. I really owe him two tires for making the required 3 starters, as sick as he was. He could barely talk in impound. Sorry for Kim McDonald, who banged up his brand new Gen IV on the Friday test day. Beautiful build, not counting the banged up front end. Andy keeps improving and, despite a loss of front brakes on Sunday, he had a very good weekend. This is a really great group of AS racers, and I am proud to be one of them.