Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan General

Old 06-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Camarioandretti

Default As/t2

I was wondering if anyone knows if the 98-2002 T2 Camaro's are going to be accepted to AS with the T2 prep drivetrain.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM

I think they were included in a Fastrack, but I don't know which one. I'll look into it. I do know they are supposed to be legal.
wheel

FOUND IT: March Fastrack Tech Bulletin. Page 6. Errors and omissions.

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...rack-march.pdf

Damn, am I good, or what??

Last edited by jimwheeler; 06-29-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Camarioandretti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler
I think they were included in a Fastrack, but I don't know which one. I'll look into it. I do know they are supposed to be legal.
wheel

FOUND IT: March Fastrack Tech Bulletin. Page 6. Errors and omissions.

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...rack-march.pdf

Damn, am I good, or what??
You are good lol. Now my next ? are they competitive in AS
Old 06-29-2009, 05:47 PM

Don't know. A t2 Camaro was turning 2:34 at the Sprints, with the AS Mustang winner turning a track record 2:30. Don't know what that same car could do with AS suspension, etc.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:55 PM
CobraR05

What is the T2 weight on the Camaro and what is the AS weight for the T2 prepped car?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Camarioandretti

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraR05
What is the T2 weight on the Camaro and what is the AS weight for the T2 prepped car?
A T2 Camaro is 3530 and an AS T2 prep would be 3580
Old 06-29-2009, 07:36 PM
racerbob4

I have a nice 1996 T2 Z28 Camaro for sale. It won the 1999 runoffs and has a great cage and blueprinted engine. Not raced for 5 years. Some spares but not a lot. Located in Northern Virginia. I want $7500 for it. Reach me at racerbob4@yahoo.com
Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 PM
EvanK

The T2 camaro driven by Bill Baten had the upgraded 17 x 9 inch wheels and the stiffer 1LE suspension on it. The car ran at 3630 lbs (100 lb penalty)and was 4.0 to 4.5 seconds off the AS leader's pace.

Yet he was still 1 second faster than the year before at 3530 with stock suspension and 16 x 8's
Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 AM

I would love to see a full season of an upgraded T2 car (not discounting Chris Brannon's excellent 2008 season) to see where the weight, etc. should be. That is what it is going to take to get enough data to be able to make a judgement for performance potential.

The T2 Camaro was 4. sec off Tom Sloe, but he was less than a second off Brian Wallace and Mike Lavigne. He was 1 second off Jeff Werth, a multi-time national champion. I would be probably be at least a couple seconds off Andy and Tom's pace, too.

We'll never know, unless somebody races one.

wheel
Old 06-30-2009, 11:42 AM
EvanK

First of all,

Let me say I'm just clearing up the facts here. The fact is that it's looking like the T2 car is gonna be hard to beat in T2 with it's new upgrades.

Secondly,

Jim, as you know "JH has tested and setup" our t2 crossover and except for a minor brake issue it's ready to rock but with no funding unfortunately. I'll check JH's times, but I'm pretty sure he matched Kyles PIR race record in one of several a 5 lap tests so the car is fast. Of course I fully expect that Kyle's fast lap would be bested by at least 1 second Now with a top driver.
JH ran our car at 3600 lbs.

This is a rules "maximized" car built professionally.

So what we have established is that the car is fast for a few laps. Certainly the weight over a 40 minute race will change things and we look forward to getting it out for a full season next year if funding permits. I'm well aware that I am 2 seconds a lap slower than JH in my own car. But many, many others would be too!-

I am smart enough to use him as the barometer and will continue to do so.