Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan News

Old 04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Brian Wallace

Default Great Lakes National @ Gingerman Cancelled

Posted on the Great Lakes Division site today

http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/node/485

The 11th annual 1st Great Lakes Division National Race at GingerMan Raceway,April 26-27, has been canceled. Please help us spread the word throughout the racing and race volunteer communities so nobody wastes their time,money,effort getting to a non-event. We at INR are sorry that this happened, but we just did not have enough entries. Info at www.inr-scca.org
Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 AM

What a bummer, we were planning on going to this event. I know a lot of people do the late entry thing. Maybe in the future people should at least enter early so they can get a proper head count of peoples intentions. I know we are guilty of being late entries on race weekend. Hope that this does not turn out to be a pattern. Lets face it with the fuel and economy, people are making cuts and this would be one of the first things to cut back on money wise. Guess we'll see everyone at Grattan I hope.
A/Sedan #75 / 76 Retired
Crew Chief #15 Steve Hynes

Mustangs are Like Women,...You Have to Put Up With a Lot of Crap to Get What You Want, But When They Perform, Life Is Good.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
King Matt

I think this is going to be a tough year for racers. I towed down to Mid-Ohio last weekend to pick up my new chassis and with gas at ~$3.30/gal., it cost me $325 in fuel round-trip and I wasn't even racing!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:10 PM

I hear you.....driving to Topeka last year I was doing some road math. I figured I was burning about $6.50 in fuel every ten minutes over a 9 hour trip. How I long for my open trailer days!

Tom
#38 Camaro
Old 04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Smitty

Dammit...

That just screwed my start to the season... and I really was looking forward to seeing all my buds there like we do every year...

Guess we'll just get to Grattan a bit earlier...

Kristian