Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Runoffs

Old 08-20-2006, 01:53 PM
as4044

Default Who will win???

Anybody care to take a stab at the top six finishers for the Runoffs. How about:

1)Andy
2)Sloe
3)JH
4)Coles
5)Watkins
6)Hosni

Hopefully all of these guys are going to the show.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:31 PM

Default depends

Depending on how many Mustangs finish, I vote for Wheeler in the Top 5.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:47 PM

If Martin Shook drives the yellow 74 then Sloe will need to find a car. Would Martin show up at the Runoffs with an untested new in the box 05. My money is on Heinricy, again he has the horsepower and the experience in the Firebird all the other GM guys can't seem to find. Hosni should be up there in the running. Experience at the track will have no effect on the results. There are guys who are Fast no matter where they go even when they've seen a track for the first time.
A/Sedan #75 / 76 Retired
Crew Chief #15 Steve Hynes

Mustangs are Like Women,...You Have to Put Up With a Lot of Crap to Get What You Want, But When They Perform, Life Is Good.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:30 PM

My money says that Sloe may end up in a familiar blue and silver '05 which I believe Jeff is offering as a rental. JH will run up front as always, I'll respectfully disagree with Dwaine on the HP. John had nothing for Watkins on the straights but he manages his corner exit speed better than anyone which minimizes his HP disadvantage. If he doesn't spin or have a failure I will still bet on Andy. The rest of the top 5/8 is tough to pick. I think Sloe, Watkins, Cowles, Hosni, Wheeler can all vie for the 3rd spot in any order. Don't overlook Brian Doll or Tom Toth either.

Mark
Old 08-20-2006, 05:10 PM

I'll post my list after the Labor day weekend shoot out.
wheel

P.S. I hope you all noticed the not so subtle reference to JH having the "horsepower and the experience" in Dwaine's post. Dwaine, give it up dude, everyone knows that horsepower has absolutely NOTHING to do with the way Heinricy performs.
wheel

How about that, bold, all caps, Italic and in color.

Last edited by jimwheeler; 08-20-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:56 PM
socalta

oh you rebel
Old 08-20-2006, 09:42 PM

Wheel,

I'm telling ya, you need one of those $12,000 motors. Hey! JH went by me and blistered the paint on my Mustang. I'll bet he's pulling over 400HP. So you thought I'd go away after I sold the car. NOT. LOL
A/Sedan #75 / 76 Retired
Crew Chief #15 Steve Hynes

Mustangs are Like Women,...You Have to Put Up With a Lot of Crap to Get What You Want, But When They Perform, Life Is Good.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:02 PM
socalta

I definately put Wheel in the top 5 if JH shows up .. I would move him up another notch or two if JH doesn;t. I am not picking JH to win.... My love beads tell me the karma is ripe for upsets and better finishes ...for those you least expect ....
Old 08-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Jerry Post

Default Jh Hp

JH drives the wheels off a well set up car with average HP. I have run with him. The Rebello has more HP but JH eats my butt in the corners. Make no mistake he is a force to be reckoned with at any track. If you think he has more HP than you and it is not from just getting off the corners well I suggest you spend the $12g's.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 AM

IF this was at MO, this would be Andy's to lose, just like it has been most every year since, oh, 1910. The new track (and recent fire damage) will/could diminish his advantage, or make him angry-fast. JH with all of his hallucinated horsepower will be the other top 3 lock. Fill in the blank with Mustangs for the rest of the top ten. My hope is that Doll, Johnson and Toth are there to make me eat my words.

Dwaine -- You are from another planet on this hp issue and statements like yours are the very reason we have a problem with the class. You, near as I can tell, have no concept about exit speed and think that if someone gets off the corner better that you they have more hp. JH had the same hp as the Wallaces. Which is about the same as Wheeler, and less than Post, Stevens, Blizzard and Csaba. And all those cars have less hp than the average Mustang. No disrespect, but I think your opinion is moot since you have not run up front with any of these cars.

Heinricy's advantage has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with horsepower.