Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > ASAC News

Old 03-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Default April 2018 Prelims

...are posted:

https://www.scca.com/pages/cars-and-rules
Old 03-10-2018, 12:17 PM

I give up. I am done with the SCCA. Someone please make an offer on my car. Disgusted.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:52 PM

Apparently 7 pages of opposition from the previous time SCCA decided they wanted to add weight was not enough to kill the rule change. I guess a select few feel a sense of entitlement.

Again, there is no logical grounds to add weight to either generation of Mustangs that are listed, and no factual proof is available in support.

I am sure that Ford would love to hear that in the eyes of SCCA, their 40 year old technology is equally comparable to their model... since that was the BS answer we got last time.

At a time when ASAC is pushing for new entries to grow the class, they sure are doing a good job pushing them away to collect dust. Good job.

The only chance us minions have is to write as many letters as possible to the CRB and let our voices be heard.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:49 PM

The ASAC appears determined to get a GM car to the top of the RO's podium even if it kills the class. I believe Fox bodies had more entries per spec line than any other spec line at the Indy RO's. It would not surprise me if 0 Fox Bodies show up at Sears Point.

Sure hope that 2018 National Championship is satisfying with only 10-15 cars showing up.

Tom Himes
Old 03-11-2018, 11:56 AM

These cars are waaay to heavy and safety is a definite issue. No one seems to care about that. Other cars should be lowered if the Mustangs are so "advantaged". We are putting hundreds of pounds of ballast in these cars. It's ridiculous.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Default transparency

Please publish the criteria used to justify the proposed weight increases, because I'm not seeing it.

The language on the SCCA site describing the rules making process:
"Competition Adjustments— Unlike a rule change, competition adjustments typically affect only one make or model of car and often are a reward for overachieving. When one-make dominance occurs the Club Racing Board acts to slow down the front runners and/or speed up the back markers."

Someone's definition of "over achieving" and "dominance" are very different than how I understand the English language.

I see evidence that in the last 3 or 4 years of 2 Fox-body cars achieving competitiveness, but nothing even approaching dominance.

Other than voting via letters to the CRB, I can only vote via race entry forms (or the lack thereof.)
AS #71
Detroit Region
Old 03-11-2018, 12:59 PM

Default letter # 24124

I paraphrased the above in letter #24124.
AS #71
Detroit Region
Old 03-11-2018, 01:55 PM

BTW, has anyone looked at the AS participation numbers for 2018? They are beyond ugly. IMO, arbitrary and capricious competition adjustments sure don't help.

My new Fox race start wt is approximately 3650#!!!!!!! same as the curb wt of a 1969 Galaxy 500 4 door. It is also 100#'s more than Drew's Caddy. Are you kidding me.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:35 AM

I’m still on the fence with asedan this year. If they add any weight I’m out. T2 car is almost done!!
Old 03-12-2018, 11:33 AM

I'm confused by your weight statement. You are driving a Fox with the normal motor, right?

So your base weight is 3250. 15 gallons of fuel bring it to roughly 3350. How do you get 3650?

If you are running a 350, then yes, your starting weight would be around 3650.

This is now in line with all the other FP cars, with the exception of the 05-14 GT. We added 100 pounds to it.

So the types of cars that have won the last 4 runoffs, or significantly led the last 4 have all been adjusted. That's 2 fox's and 2 05-15 GT's., with a fox dominating 2016 until a clutch failure.

That, plus the data from 16 and 17 was the basis for the changes. Neither the CRB nor the Ad hoc get to see the raw data. We just get to see the conclusions.

I know there is no winning this discussion. To much emotion and passion involved. I just want to put the conspiracy stuff to bed.