Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan General

Old 04-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Cincy Race Chairman

Default 2009 I.T.SPEC*tacular invitation

To All,

The web site for the 2009 I.T.SPEC*tacular is up and running at http://www.cincyscca.com/2009/ITSpec2009.pdf

American Sedan will be running in race group 4 along with TCC, STO, ITE and GTA. The format will stay the same for 2009. 20 minute qualifying session Saturday morning which sets the grid for a saturday afternoon 35 minute/ 20 lap race. Your best lap time in the Saturday afternoon race sets the grid for a 20 minute/ 12 lap qualifying race Sunday morning. Sunday morining qualifying race sets the grid for Sunday afternoons 35 minute / 20 lap race. 1st - 3rd place medals will be awarded for the two afternoon races. In addition overall weekend champions will be awarded trophies for each class based on a points system.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region Race Chairman
Tefkatt@aol.com
Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

One correction to the race group. TCC has decided to go with a couple of NASA events this year and will not be running at the I.T.SPEC*tacular. So Race Group 4 will consist of AS, ITE, STO and GTA.

Regards,

Todd C.
Cincinnati SCCA
Race Chairman
Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

Mid Ohio is offering a special deal during the I.T.SPEC*tacular weekend.

$75 off Teen and Adult Defensive Driving Schools. These take place in the upper paddock and typically run from 8 am till 3 pm. The day includes use of a Mid Ohio school car, instructor, classroom and use of the skid car. Class size is 17 students and the price is $350. On Sunday August 2nd the school will offer a special Double-Up program where two people can share a school car. Price is $400 and you can use the $75 discount for it also. Use promo Code CRSCCA 09 to receive the $75 discount.
To register go to http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-...riving-Program and choose from 8/1/09, 8/2/09 or 8/2/09 double up.

Todd C.

Cincinnati Race Chairman

Last edited by Cincy Race Chairman; 04-20-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

Hi everyone,

A preview of the I.T. SPEC*tacular can be found in the June 2009 Issue of Grassroots Motorsports on page 14.

Stay Tuned for more details.

Todd C.

Cincinnati Race Chairman
Old 05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

Looks like a very busy weekend this year for the I.T.SPEC*tacular . We will be using www.motorsportsreg.com for online registration. I'm shooting for June 8th to open registration.

Thursday July 30th

Registration & Tech for the PDX open 5-9 p.m.

Friday July 31st

Registration & Tech for PDX open 7- 10 am

Mid Ohio Test and Tune Registration & Tech Inspection 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Driver’s Meeting 4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
On Track Sessions begin (split into 3 groups based on car mix) 4:45 p.m. – DUSK (Each group guaranteed 3 - 20 min. track sessions)

1) ITA, IT7, ITC, SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL, ITB, ITS
2) ITE, GTA, STO, AS, ITR, STU
3) SM, SSM

Price is $150 go to www.midohioschool.com for more details. * This is a Mid Ohio run event so their refund policy is different then SCCA.

Saturday Aug 1st & Sunday Aug 2nd.

The 3rd annual I.T.SPEC*tacular! This year we will be using the Pro Course for all sessions including the Test & Tune Friday evening.

RACE GROUPS

GROUP 1 ITA, IT7, ITC
GROUP 2 SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL
GROUP 3 ITB, ITS
GROUP 4 ITE, STO, AS, GTA
GROUP 5 ITR, STU
GROUP 6 SM, SSM

Also Mid Ohio will be hosting Teen & Adult defensive driving schools in the upper paddock. $75 discount by using the promo code CRSCCA09
Go to www.midohioschool.com for more details.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. And don't forget to check out our web site at www.cincyscca.com

Todd
Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

Hi everyone. Hoosier Tire Midwest has announced the following program for the I.T.SPEC*tacular

I.T./SPEC*Tacular Hoosier Tire Giveaway
For each day of the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular, Hoosier Tire Midwest will be holding a drawing for a free Hoosier Racing Tire. The drawing will be from all entrants. You will receive one entry for each tire purchased from Hoosier Tire Midwest during the IT/SPEC*tacular.

Rules:
1. One entry per tire purchased during the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular.
2. Drawings will be held on Saturday during the Worker/Driver/Sponsor Party, and on Sunday at 1:00 at the Hoosier Tire Midwest Trailer.
3. Saturday’s winning entry will be removed for the Sunday drawing.
4. Winners will be posted at the Hoosier Tire Midwest trailer and at Driver’s Information.
5. Winners will receive One Free Tire Certificate redeemable with Hoosier Tire Midwest.

Best Regards,

Todd
Old 06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

Default Registration is now OPEN

Hey everyone,

Registration is now OPEN for the I.T.SPEC*tacular & PDX July 31-Aug 2nd. Go to http://www.motorsportsreg.com to enter. Event Type " Club Race". Look for Cincinnati SCCA. If you are planning on renting a garage do not wait. They are going fast.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region SCCA
Old 06-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

Hi everyone,

All 1-door garages are rented. If you are interested in being on a waiting list please contact Starla McCauley at roamingstars@att.net. We still have three 2-door garages available.

Tire Vendors for the event and will be on site:

Hoosier Tire Midwest Contact Terry Gilvin at tgilvin@comcast.net

Stupid Fast Tires Featuring Kumo Contact Aaron Quine at aaron@stupidfasttires.com or call 330-573-4338

Todd
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

Hi everyone,

Just got word that Competition Tire West ( Goodyear) will have a rep. at the track. Please contact Mike Knox at 517-592-6681 to order tires in advance.

63 entries and counting.

Thanks,

Todd
Old 07-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Cincy Race Chairman

85 entries and counting. First American Sedan registered today!

Win an entry to the 2010 I.T.SPEC*tacular and support a worthy cause.

Race & PDX Entry Raffle: We will be raffling off two Entries for the 2010 I.T.SPEC* tacular. Each winner will have their choice of using their winning ticket for a Race or PDX entry. All proceeds will go to pay medical expenses for the family of long time SCCA member and Corner worker Susie Beal who lost her life after a brief illness earlier this year. Entries will be transferable. Cost is $5 per ticket or (5) tickets for $20. Tickets will be sold at Registration and during the Saturday evening party. Drawing will be after dinner Saturday night.

Todd

Last edited by Cincy Race Chairman; 07-12-2009 at 09:54 PM.