Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 08-09-2017, 01:59 PM

Default HPT Report?

Where's our friendly race report? I know it was a majors race that allowed IT cars to race. Kudos for inclusivity.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:10 PM

We had five cars. We ran the 2.1 mile course, with the fast turn 1/2 combo. At turn 4 we went straight across to the fast 8. My favorite configuration. I had the pole on Saturday on slicks on a damp track. I had gone out with the PDX group and realized I needed to change from the Hoosier H2Os to the drys. I told the rest of the guys what I was doing and they all followed suit. I got a great start and Kim got by Tim, with Boyd and Andy right behind. Tim tried to take Kim on the outside of the carousel, Kim got loose and Tim lost it into the wall on the right. He had a broken steering rack and was stuck in the mud. We did several laps under full yellow and then they black flagged it. Then they threw the checker. At the end of the day we started all over, as if that was just a practice.
On lap 2 I lost it on the outside of turn 2, slid backwards all the way to 3, where I hit the wall flat on driver's side. I got going again and set a lap record on lap 6 (1:34.140). Kim won, Boyd was second and I was third, passing Andy who was stuck in 4th.
After repairs Saturday, Sunday we qualified on a damp track. My car was great and I got pole with a 1:33.xxx. I got another good start and did a 1:32.517 on lap 2. Looked in my mirror and Boyd was right there, with a 1:33.xxx with Kim close behind. I had a close to perfect race, turning 1:34 and 1:33 on every lap where back markers were not a factor. Boyd finished 2nd, Kim 3rd and Andy 4th.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:01 PM

Sorry to see Tim crashed. Boyd's car still have iron heads? Looked like a good turnout. Congrats on the wins
Old 08-10-2017, 09:38 AM

Not sure about Boyd, but I think he has Eddy heads. Tim's car should be a fairly easy fix.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:41 PM

There does not appear to be frame damage. Originally I thought the rack was damaged but it is OK, the left control arm is bent. The rest is just body damage. I'm just waiting on parts at this point.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:56 PM

That's good news. You'll be ready for Indy.