Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan General

Old 01-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Default New AS interest / build near road atlanta. Anyone close?

Just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is CJ Johnson and have been out of club racing roughly 12 years but the time has come. I recently moved 5 min down the road from road atlanta which has added fuel to the fire.

My question is if anyone else is near me ? I am a mustang guy so looking at them more specifically. Also, looking to see first hand the amount of prep that goes into these cars. My goal would be get a solid car together or bought to get seat time then go from there.

Thanks!
CJ Johnson
Old 01-11-2019, 04:00 PM

My advice is to please buy a car as a starting point and go from there. There are a bunch of cars out there you just have to find them. Get something you can get on track and then get going on improvements.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:18 PM

CJ,

Welcome to the madness. I am not exactly close, but at least I am in the south east. Based out of Apopka (Orlando). I agree the best way is to buy a car, you will spends pennies on the dollar compared to building one from scratch, and get on the track much faster.

I build my own engines, transmissions, rear ends, cages, etc. It can be done and these cars can be very reliable. I am a fairly fast regional guy, but a middle of the pack national guy (on my best day). If you have any questions I would be happy to talk with you and give you my opinions (everyone in AS has them). PM me and I will give you my number.

Overall this is a great class with awesome people in it, I only lament I missed the days of 8 and 10 car fields at regional races. Here in Florida its hard to get more than 3 lately. But still a blast.

Good Luck.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:19 PM

I am all for buying a quality car at a good price but unfortunately ive always ended up with other peoples problems or issues. I also, typically build most of my stuff. so im not intimidated the least at a build.

If anyone knows of a good regional car im all ears.

I was actually thinking a restricted prep car for simplicity and seat time.

Thanks guys!
CJ
Old 01-21-2019, 03:13 PM

Hi CJ, welcome to the AS community. I recently put my '04 restricted prep CTS-V A-Sedan up for sale (it actually currently holds the AS track record at Road Atlanta). PM me if you're interested in the car.

Thanks,

Drew