Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Pics and Videos

Old 11-21-2016, 09:20 AM

Ted,

You know those top numbers at Daytona were with drafts right? Without a draft we were like peaked at 163.

I agree with Ken, numbers are just numbers. Every dyno is different. I was just throwing a round figure out there. By the way, with our current rules set we do not have 17% drive train loss. Its more like 13 or even less i believe. So if (and our car does not hit this number, just using a round figure) your RWHP is 400 your crank HP will be more like 460 ish. not in the 490 or 500 range like some claim. (HP doesnt matter by the way) Cheers Ken

I will tell you hitting those speeds in our old 91 original ASEDAN flexiflyer was an eye opening experience. The whole car was just not used to it. Also, there was no steering input going around Daytona. very similar to running that long straight at the ring.

FWIW

My email is DAR15@comcast.net. Love to hear your ideas and comments about how to grow the class. Something we can bring up on our next ADHOC call.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:51 AM

One more thing to consider as this comparison is more like apples to prunes...

I have been told by someone that has experience at the famous test track in Germany that the back straight is considerably uphill until you get to the left-hander.

Or is Daytona uphill (both ways in the snow) too?
Old 11-21-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4wallace View Post
One more thing to consider as this comparison is more like apples to prunes...

I have been told by someone that has experience at the famous test track in Germany that the back straight is considerably uphill until you get to the left-hander.

Or is Daytona uphill (both ways in the snow) too?
Daytona was in the snow. 6 Feet actually
Old 11-21-2016, 02:07 PM

All right, I cannot take it any more. My safe space is violated, the pressure is too great, my latte was too strong, and someone wrote trump on a starbucks order while I was there and I was triggered.....

So I'll let the secret out.

I did 165 at Daytona in the race, but I should have done closer to 180, because my car really makes 525 HP at the crank with the help of the overthruster, and the specially modified no lift shift sequential "stock" gearbox coupled with the carbon fiber drive shaft and special low friction CV joints resulting in only an 2% total driveline loss, while effectively giving me shifts that were so fast they were done before I even started, due to the direct neurological control link I stole from one of my customers, Yoyodyne industries.

The end result is just over 514 at the rear wheels, and I'm am positive I would have easily hit 180 mph if only I wasn't on the brakes 500 feet before start finish....
Old 11-21-2016, 03:35 PM

I knew you were a Cheater !!!
Old 11-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Talking

Now that is funny!!!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:06 PM

Danny. Thanks for the inclusiveness, and I'm thankful no one got turned around at 163 or 173 mph and got hurt. But it's clear you guys wont be changing anything to make things safer or more affordable. The same mentality for over a decade still exists and a new committee won't really accomplish much. So keep doing what your doing.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-22-2016, 09:11 AM

Poll:

How many of you actually know where the company Yoyodyne propulsion systems was featured, and what it has to do with an "overthruster"?
Old 11-28-2016, 06:50 PM

And I thought you caddies went old school:
https://youtu.be/rLDgQg6bq7o
AS #71
Detroit Region
Old 11-28-2016, 10:49 PM

I could not afford one. Aligning Cardinal gramides is government level expensive.