Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Classifieds > For Sale > Parts

Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
chrisg

Smile For Sale: 1993 Camaro Z28 (4th Gen) - Chassis Only

1993 Camaro Z28 (4th Gen) - Chassis Only $1100 or BRO
This was to be built as my entry into the SCCA A-sedan class. The car was purchased as a salvage vehicle that had fire damage in the engine compartment.
Signs of a busted fuel/NOS braided line look to be the cause of the fire. The fire had spread up to the roof but, not through the interior.
Possible spray from the busted line? Who knows. Interior wasn't burned but some plastic on the dash was melted from the heat.
(Do have a few extra dash parts too.)

Details
Chassis is straight and clean with no rot or rust. I purchased it in 1999 and worked on it for a few years as I had time and $$.
I removed the majority of the interior but have all the parts that were worth keeping.

It has been sitting in a barn on jackstands since 2001.
The odometer read 49,137.

What I have done to the car:
-Engine compartment was blasted and resprayed the original body color.
-Sleeves were machined and installed in the stock upper and lower control arms to install spherical bearings.
-Aurora teflon lined spherical bearings were installed. (looking for the receipts to get the model #)

What it needs to be a complete chassis:
-Right-front fender
-Roof panel (it is a composite panel, glued on with a urethane type adhesive) the existing panel was damaged by the fire.
-Windshield
-Hood (hood was an aftermarket fiberglass one...)

Location: Western Massachusetts, about 20 mins from Northampton, 45 mins from Springfield.

Some pictures are here.
I am going to try to get a few more this weekend. If there is a particular shot you would like to see please feel free to request. I will do my best to get it promptly.

Contacting me:
Please IM me here on this board. I have my account set up to send me an email when I receive a message. I'll also check this thread periodically.

Other info:
I'm not going to be able to get it completed due to lack of finances and time.
Figure it would be good for someone looking to switch from the 3rdGen to the 4thGen chassis. Swap in your motor, trans, rear-axle, rear-susp, install a cage, etc

Would like to see the car continue on to where it was destined to be...On the track in the A-Sedan Class. I wanted to advertise here first as I got a lot of information reading your posts to the old mailing list.
Thank you for looking.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 PM
chrisg

Default Added a few pics, Updated Price

Added a few pictures to the link. Engine bay, lower control arms with spherical bearings.
Some surface rust on control arms is due to sitting in the barn these past few years.
Engine bay was quickly wiped down with a sponge and some water so it looks a bit dull in the pictures. When I repainted it I used MartinSenour basecoat/clearcoat.

Reduced price, Current asking price is $900 or BRO

Thank you for looking.
-Chris

ps. Tried to edit my original post to change the price but I was not able to.

Last edited by chrisg; 08-12-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
chrisg

Lightbulb PRICE UPDATE: Reduced.

Reduced price:
$700 or BRO

Thank you for looking.
-Chris