Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan General

Old 04-25-2021, 12:27 PM

I'm on board.
PMs sent.
AS #71
Detroit Region
Old 04-26-2021, 12:42 AM

I like your proposed groupings but wanted to clarify if you are proposing 8 run groups per weekend as I see that as a big hurdle for the organizers. They'd have to cut our track time, go longer into the evening, or go to 3 days to make 8 groups work.
I did a quick check of several regions of upcoming Majors events and all have a max of 7 groups.
We know SRF and SM don't like to be mixed with other classes, so that's two groups. Then there's small open wheel, wings and things, GT/T1, Prod and the two groups you proposed.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:01 AM

They ran 8 groups at VIR and Road atlanta this year for the super tours allowing the big bore formula the extra group. With the car counts it was a waste of the 8th run group. Thats why I am trying to take it. Summit point just ran a regional with 9 groups in 2 days.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Default full prep car owners

All o f you guys that have a full prep AS car. Have you seen that you have to add 50 lbs. to run the run offs. That is in the gcr, for this year. That should really piss you off. John Blanchard has prostituted the a s class, so his jb cars can run with out really working to get them faster with existing rules so we change them to fit those cars. Of coarse The L S engine has been legalized this year with no evaluation for HP or TRQ. Does that put the big breaks tires etc on the cars. I talked to John at the races he said the wgt. would not be added but he must of miss Spoke him self. This is what is going to kill this class,no input from the A S people. Sorry John but this is not as poss as it could be,just a little frustrated with the way rules are being passed with out any member input.
A very concerned Member that wanted to make sure you took extra wgt. to indy.

Ken Felice
Old 08-06-2021, 12:16 PM

Ken, where did you see this? They just added 50 lbs two months ago and they want to add another 50?
Old 08-06-2021, 06:36 PM

Default AS weights

Tim and Ken --

I looked at the Aug 2021 GCR and the FP cars had their weight upped by 50 lbs a number of months ago, but, I have not seen an ADDITIONAL 50 lbs for the Runoffs. The current weight of our car is 3300 for an under 312 with a synchro box.

It is unlikely that an additional 50 lbs would be added this late in the season. Typically, weight adjustments are SUPPOSED to be completed by the June Sprints. I'll be sure to check the Prelims when they come out for August. That would be a Tech Bulletin to be effective 9/1/2021 IF it were to occur.

As for the motivation, I don't speculate. Definitely, however, a good question for the meeting with the CRB, if someone so chooses.

I would be on the lookout for other changes. I check every month as all of you should do. And, if there is some proposed rule change or tech bulletin change that I disagree with, I send a letter, as you all should do as well.

Pam
Old 08-07-2021, 10:37 AM

Default weight

No there is not another change as far as I know. The change was made when it would go into effect not sure. But you must have it on for runoffs we know. Our last race was cat at R A it was not enforced there, maybe that was before the date. I guess if we missed something our problem just wanted all to know add the wgt. How many voted on that change and when was it posted for the vote.
And if we are looking at rules what is the difference from full prep to the LS motor being put in AS. Factory performance cam complete rebuild balance replace with like parts from Lane or Summit look alike ignition tire size wheel size [as much as 2' larger] wheel rotors brakes much larger than AS.
please let me know if I am just being an alarmist, my how we let things go.
Always an AS class proponent
Ken Felice
Old 08-07-2021, 03:59 PM

Default Weight Changes

Ken --

A weight change is a technical bulletin. This change was done in the May 20 Technical Bulletin, and became effective June 1, 2021. Why they did not enforce it at the Sprints, I really don't know. You would have to ask Tech of the Chicage Region or Tech in Topeka. I don't know if they enforced it at WGI, but, it would be an interesting inquiry to find out.

Tech Bulletin changes don't ask for member input. They are done by the CRB with advisement from the ASAC, for AS.

If someone objects to a Tech Bulletin, they can write a letter to the CRB, with their opinion (but there is little time to change it once the Tech Bulletin is out), or a letter writing campaign COULD be sent to the BOD in the hopes that they would address it at their next meeting. But, in general, Tech Bulletin items do not get attention from the BOD.

I think your assessment of the situation has merit. It wouldn't hurt to elevate it if you so choose.

Pam
Old 04-24-2022, 03:11 AM

Anything ever come of the letters about creating new groups?
This thread got a little derailed about another topic before we discussed it any further. Was just looking at Hallett results and noted that the first AS car would have only finished 11th if running with the T/ST group. Are you guys OK with getting beat by a bunch of Miatas I know Hallett may not be the representation of this since it's a handling track.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:25 AM

Nothing came from it. never give up!