Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Off-Topic

Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 AM

Default Nebraska flooding

If you haven't seen on national news, the state of nebraska and Iowa have been hit hard by flooding this spring. Over 50 inches of snow in the month of February, a bomb cyclone, and rapid thaw all contributed to wide spread damage. Here's a link to some before and after photos of our local racetrack under water.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...82111&sfnsn=mo
Old 04-29-2019, 12:30 PM

Video from our local track a couple days ago after being submerged 17 feet underwater. It look
s to be ok.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...10579&sfnsn=mo
Old 04-29-2019, 01:53 PM

I was at RPM on Saturday helping with the cleanup. The track surface looked pretty good, just a bunch of mud and gunk on it. I was cleaning the stands, there was debris up to the 6th row from the top, mostly corn stocks. The biggest issue will be the control tower and electronics. As you can see in the video there is a lot of standing water but once the Missouri levels lower so will this water. The paddock is bad, worse that it was before and it was bad then.

The devastation in this area is horrific, I feel for the families in Pacific Junction. Everything in their houses are destroyed and in most cases I would think the house itself will need to be torn down.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:57 PM

Are they planning to host events this summer, including the Majors race in August?
Old 04-29-2019, 04:43 PM

RPM is hoping to host events this year. The SCCA is looking at options, either the Heartland Regional or Gateway Regional being moved to a Majors. No info has been provided though.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:31 PM

There was a poll taken of everyone who raced in the division last season, asking about whether to move the Majors to either HMP or Gateway, since it did not appear that RPM would be available. As of a week ago, I don't think a decision has been made. I would rather rough it at RPM, to support that region and race group, than go to Gateway, but that is just me.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler View Post
There was a poll taken of everyone who raced in the division last season, asking about whether to move the Majors to either HMP or Gateway, since it did not appear that RPM would be available. As of a week ago, I don't think a decision has been made. I would rather rough it at RPM, to support that region and race group, than go to Gateway, but that is just me.
Jim, do you know the result of the poll? I voted for HMP. They should've asked if they should try to hold the event at RPM. I know the guy that heads the Majors in Mid-States, Dan Miklovic, seems to favor Gateway. I wonder if Dan would ignore the poll results with his bias for Gateway.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:37 AM

I would go to a Majors at Gateway in August. Love the heat and humidity. That is why I bought a Cool Suit.