Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 06-03-2020, 08:20 AM

Default New Passing Rules -- PLEASE READ

Here is the email I just sent to the BOD:

Dear Board of Directors,

Please check the June TB, starting at the bottom of page 5, about the passing rules. I don't know why this did NOT go out for member input and BOD approval for 2021. A lot of drivers (that I see on Facebook as well as my son) feel this guidance is not the right thing to do. This may cause more confusion between stewards and drivers and the way "racing" is taught in Drivers' Schools. Policing may also be problematic since, unless there is a 360 camera in all cars involved in an incident, you may not be able to tell (at speed with corner reports), exactly where cars are.

Please re-consider this for member input and for your approval/disapproval at a future Board meeting. This is a rule change, NOT a clarification.

Thank you, Pam Richardson, 129922

If you agree, please feel free to use my email to send a letter to the Board, or the CRB. I personally believe this is a RULE change, should go out for member input, and be presented to the Board of Directors for potential implementation in 2021. As of June 1, it is already in effect.

Pam Richardson
Old 06-03-2020, 05:49 PM

Default Update

IMPORTANT UPDATE 6/3/2020 5:30 PM: I just got notification that while this is not the normal process (aka there was no member input), the BOD did see, review, and approve this to be put into the system and effective right away. The info came from someone that I do believe and he is higher in the organization than me and on way more calls than me. So I trust this as accurate:

"It should be noted that this document went through the full cycle of approvals. A letter was submitted to the CRB, the CRB put it on the GCR Advisory Committee agenda. The GCR Committee discussed it, made a few minor word changes and sent it back as a recommended item. The CRB approved it going forward to the Board of Directors. The Board met and discussed it in May and voted unanimously to put it in place as quickly as possible. According to one board member the discussion was all of about 5 minutes they liked it so much. Thus, it was placed in the June Fastrack adding the language under 6.11. and adding the Appendix P to the GCR."