Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 05-15-2017, 05:18 PM

Default HPT Majors

We had 4 ASedans at the new Heartland Park track. We ran one of the four 2.5 mile configurations. It was the first event on what we came to call the F1S8 course. This was the fast turn 1 and the slow turn 8. Tim White had an oil leak in the front of the engine which caused the fan belt to depart, taking power steering and (I think) water pump off line. He couldn't find the leak So, he packed up Saturday night. Andy Schniedermier broke a clutch disc on Sat qualifying. Andy and his brother, Corey pulled the tranny and I had a clutch in the trailer, so we ended up with three cars each day.
Since it was a new track, the fast race lap set the record.
I did a 1:54.746, and then barely beat it on Sunday with a 1:54.067.
Kim was second both days, and made me earn the win. Tim was a non-running 3rd on Sat and Andy 3rd on Sunday. The track is glass smooth and the A7 tires showed zero wear running both races. The old HPT corded A's in one race.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:16 PM

I would love to see the Runoffs come back to HPT when it is the midwest's turn to host. This track is awesome and the pavement is the best one which I have ever raced. With a little rubber it will be even better. Also best parking and paddock space in Club Racing. They have done an outstanding job bringing this place back to life. Kudos to the HPT team.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:25 PM

I agree about getting the Runoffs back to HPT but for some reason it is not a popular track. Now if I could only find this damn leak. Now I'm going to replace every gasket and seal.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:22 AM

Remember how miserable it was the first Runoffs, with crumby weather. The track sucked, with the tight one, tight eight. The bump over the drag strip was hell on the SM guys. It got better when they repaved, but they used the wrong asphalt and it was a tire disaster. All of that has been fixed. I bet the fast SM guys will love this track, especially if we do F1F8.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:29 PM

Default As a spectator

I enjoyed the fast kink in the back after the change for year 2!

Did NOT like all the extra fees for camping and pit carts. that also arrived with year #2 Felt like a fun tax. The way it was roll out.

But would go again.

Last edited by aszilagyi; 05-19-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Yes
Old 05-19-2017, 03:18 PM

A lot of that extra stuff was from track management. We had the same problem at RA and other Runoff venues. I was not specific to HPT. I agree, the fast turn 8 was one of the best parts of the track. Good excitement, but it would bite you if you didn't get it right, or made the wrong move when you got it wrong.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:18 AM

Correction of the HPT post to fix my improper spelling of Andy Schniedermeyer's name.