Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Off-Topic

Old 05-15-2008, 12:48 PM

Default videos for Shifting Gears

We are featuring specific tracks on Shifting Gears. We need videos showing several laps of various tracks. Best would be miniDV or DVD, but they might be able to download a useable image.
Next week it is Nelson and Buttonwillow. I need about three laps of in-car. We'll give photo and sponsor credit. We ran some of Road America last night and it was so much better than just looking at a track map and stills.
Email me if you have something I can use.
jwheeler4(at)kc.rr.com

wheelman
Old 05-15-2008, 02:05 PM
KW78

Hey Jim,

Repost the info to watch/listen to this, again.

Kyle
Old 05-15-2008, 02:12 PM

racinboys.com click on the racinboys TV button and you will see four segments of Shifting Gears. The Runoffs discussion is gear 2, the laps of Road America is gear 3. There is a volume control on the lower right that seems to always be turned down.
wheel
Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
fairlane_68

I have a good one of Hallett.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
KW78

Great show.

Since my streaming internet radio for the shop expired, I just played this for a couple times thru over the shop speakers.

Jim, Is this now more formally an SCCA topic show than it used to be? Just curious.

Going to see if I can hear some previous shows.

Kyle

PS- Nice 6th grade reference Although your compatriots totally missed the opportunity to point out the end of the ice age...
Old 05-15-2008, 06:59 PM

The show is being paid for by SCCA. Burr and I told them that we would do the show as long as there was no interference in its content. Mike "Dusty" Dickerson works for SCCA. He is a racer and a really good guy. He puts together everything from SCCA's point of view. He lines up the folks to talk about each race track, or to talk about moving the Runoffs, or whatever. This is in addition to his real job. Burr and I can say and do whatever we want without fear of censorship. Both of us are in it to help improve SCCA racing. Although neither of us Rally, RallyCross, or Solo, we also have been covering those parts of SCCA.
We just picked up another sponsor, which we will discuss next week.
Most of the first season of the show was financed by Ron "Burr" Keith and his company Arbormasters tree and landscape. He is a new SCCA racer, after many seasons in ASA stock cars, and has helped put together the new GTA class and its national series.

I might point out that, from the start, SCCA has wanted this to be an open and free discussion of whatever is on the mind of SCCA members. Eric Prill, VP of marketing for SCCA, has said from the start that there can be no hint that we would restrict what the members want to discuss. It might be like an internet forum where you can say what you want, but it is unlike an internet forum, in that you have to identify yourself and put your name and your voice to your opinion.
wheel

Last edited by jimwheeler; 05-15-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:46 PM
King Matt

I watched the RA episode of your show for the first time today. Great show, too bad you guys all have faces for radio.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Matt
...too bad you guys all have faces for radio.
Shoulda wore the Redline suit and sunglasses Wheel!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:15 PM

Matt,
So true.