Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan General

Old 10-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Anthony Dail

Default Anyone interested in brake duct backing plates?

Hey guys,
Back in the spring I ran a HPDE at HPT, after running some good lap times, Jim Wheeler asked me if I had ever thought about racing. I joined here soon after and have been lurking ever since.
I have a 99 Mustang Cobra that I wanted a set of brake ducts for but I wasnt about to pay $150.00+ for a set, so I built my own and posted up pics of them on another board, turns out there were alot of people that were in the same boat, I was asked to build another set and thats where it all started.
I've sold about 40 sets so far and have had very good feedback on them. Here are some pics of my plates

These are made from 14 guage sheet metal and 3" tubing, I make them in my spare time, when there's no farm work to do. I build plates to fit the 94/95 96-04 spindles, the plates can also be modified to work on the 87-93 fox body spindles.

Plates are $50.00
10' ducting $10.00 (NOT hi-temp but it works well)
All hardware and zipties included, comes with Grade8 Allen head bolts
Shipping is a flat rate $10.00

I sent an email to Jeff Kopp a few months back but never got a reply, yesterday I sent an email to 'wheel' and he suggested I post up in the forum. If this is innappropriate then please remove it or Ill also gladly make a contribution to the operating costs of this site in exchange of offering my plates for sale here. Im also looking to expand to GMs, I just havent had anyone ask for a set for a f-body etc, yet. Im not trying to make a killing off these, just wanted to offer a quality product that doesnt cost so much.

Thank you for your time,
Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs
Old 10-23-2006, 06:09 PM
jericker

Anthony, I sent you a PM a few days ago, did you get it?

Jon
Old 10-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Anthony Dail

Jon,

I just got it, reply sent!

Thank you,
Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs
Old 10-24-2006, 10:42 AM
jericker

You have another PM Anthony.

Jon
Old 10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Anthony Dail

A customer asked me how much my plates weighed. I've never weighed them so I had to guess. I guesstimated at maybe 1 lb each. I wanted an exact weight so today I stopped by my friends hardware store, he also does A/C work and I knew he had a scale.

left plate weighs 14.25 ozs.
right plate weighs 14.50 ozs. (Edit** I must've welded a bit more on this plate as the plates are identical to one another**)

Total 1 lb 12.75 ozs.

I wanted to post this just incase anyone was wondering how much my plates weigh.

Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

Last edited by Anthony Dail; 10-26-2006 at 02:33 PM.