Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Off-Topic

Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 PM

Default Daytona 24 hrs

I am going to be in the Daytona area on Jan 28th, the Saturday of the Daytona 24 Hours. Anyone know of a way I can get into the infield/garage area without donating too much to the France family?
Thanks
Jack
Old 11-30-2011, 01:48 PM

In the past I have paid the $85
to get a pit pass for the Grand America event.
And as it turned out . It was good for the 24 hour.
So I changed my flight. And stayed for the entire weekend.

Stayed up for the entire race. It's better live(than on tv)

Just be sure to bring one of those game boy lap deals.
Or get the app for your phone.
So you can keep track of the mixed class racing.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 PM

I bought the $85 ticket (plus $14 handling charge). What kind of an app do you use? I'm still in the smart phone for dummies! stage.
Thanks
Jack
Old 12-21-2011, 01:01 AM
fairlane_68

I thought Grand Am allowed infield access to everyone and they didn't charge extra for it.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Sidney

The best deal (if you're not connected with a team) is the Grassroots Motorsports magazine offer. Same price as the tickets through the Speedway but you get reserved parking, dinner Saturday night, and other freebies. They don't allow campers but an airmattress in the back of an SUV would be the ticket for a couple hour snooze at 3:00 a.m when you just can't keep your eyes open anymore.

The only place you're not going to get is the hot pits and you'll need a team hardcard for that. It's not like Nascar when they keep the fans behind the glass. You'll be on the garage door side and have plenty of chances for autographs, to watch a transmission change upclose and personal at 1:00 a.m in the morning, or to get your toes run over by a 911 heading back to the garage for the usual front fascia/splitter replace! You're normal Road Race legends are very accessible, ie. Hurley Haywood, Scott Pruiett, Boris Said,...but guys like Jimmy Johnson stay kind of out of site. You'll find your local Nascar redneck with his Lowe's jacket following Jimmy around with a "little red wagon" full of 1/18 scale toys to sign. If you bring the Misses...she'll have plenty of opportunities to see, talk, and get her photo with Patrick Dempsey. This is about the only race (other than a NASA/SCCA event) that there are more drivers/teammembers running around the paddock then there are fans!

This is the 50th so expect more people and more historic type of activities. I hope to be there too,

Sidney
Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Titanium

Here is a special from Ford Racing:
Rolex 24 At Daytona Mustang Car Corral
Old 12-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks for all your tips. The Grassroot deal was sold out. I bought the $85 (plus $14 handling fee). I'm looking forward to seeing the "24".