Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > ASAC News

Old 02-27-2021, 06:33 PM

LOL

Wow
Old 02-27-2021, 07:53 PM

What classes guarantee competitiveness ? SM and spec Ford racer classes are kind of close but prep level ($$$$) means everything in those and every other class in racing, not just in the SCCA.

I love this class and want to see it grow. I've been and still am in favor of bringing RP cars up to the performance level of FP. RP cars are close if not already there.

Restricting FP is a slap in the face the ALL the people that have poured years of hard work, time and money into improving their cars.

I'm willing to help anybody that's wants to put in the time and effort to build/improve their car to a competitive level. I'm also glad to see RP cars become competitive and think that RP engine offer a great option to make a car competitive at a lesser cost.

Please PM, yes Ted even you.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:09 PM

"Going forward this would not be the right time for a newbie to jump into the class with runoffs aspirations IMO. Sure inexpensive field filler builds can be built but what's the point?"
Ted - I and all the people that race and support our class, find that statement offensive !
Old Today, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy mcdermid View Post
"Going forward this would not be the right time for a newbie to jump into the class with runoffs aspirations IMO. Sure inexpensive field filler builds can be built but what's the point?"
Ted - I and all the people that race and support our class, find that statement offensive !
Wow.

You don't see the irony here do you?

Had you Jim and Pam rallied the troops to accept a restrictor and rev limiter for full prep, all the slaps in my face would have been forgiven.

You see the collective a long time ago was on board with

Equal flowing heads for both makes.
Eliminate a reduced supply of marginal oem heads
A more restrictive cylinder head valve job rule because we all know what kind of development was being done at the end of that era
Heads with runners stamped so no trick and expensive development would drive costs out of control? It was going to be great

So what happened? The more restrictive new head rule was rescinded after the fact and now you opened the door to all the same development we were trying to eliminate? Money

Then more liberal porting and polishing rules were allowed. Money

When you presented the proposal to the collective at the time in writing you put a hp number of 425hp for the Eddy heads, that we felt was reasonable as the iron head would have a weight break

We had fears the change would open up a can of worms of high rpm transmission and driveline breaking engines.

These concerns placed to you and others were responded with we will continue to monitor and keep things in check

So did you keep things in check?

Jim's program right now is the same as before. Two engines, except now they are 450hp as opposed to 390hp with iron heads. Turn 8000 rpm if he so chooses to run up front. The sales pitch at the time was at that power level and rpm, a higher initial investment would eliminate the worry and need for two engines. The only thing that happened was driving people away that were on the lower budget scale with iron heads.

So here we are. Due to your lack of monitoring the class, specifically engine hp, the full prep engine exceeds the output of the original proposal

You and the rest of the collective need a restrictor to reduce to ,425 hp and a 6500 rpm limiter to prove your integrity to the original proposal you presented. Rev limiters don't do anything? Then why is Jim reducing his rpms on his current engines? Only twist it when he needs to

Why? Moth balled iron head cars might come back or be sold to new blood that can develop the chassis to current specs and not get discouraged when you blowing past them significantly

You have a parts availability issue again with heads. With a 425 hp class limit, it's not a problem. Iron head, Eddy head, future head, doesn't matter. No one's engine gets obsolete d. If you could only accept the restrictor and rpm limiter concept

So you see my comment about timing of coming into the class right now is warranted given the lack of leadership of the past,. A new regime doing all the right things, to right the wrongs of the past, circumvented by a clear lack of vision by the current collective to grow the class.

Is reducing your engines rpm and hp that big of a deal breaker to increase durability, on engines and driveline? To help the lower budget guys and gals to keep up?

So that's it. Nothing else to say. Are you a man of integrity to do the right thing and rally the troops to the original plan you presented? It's easy, let Fandozzi and the crb do what they presented. It makes a lot of sense
Old Today, 10:19 AM

Well let's see, Jim, Pam, John, Greg, Phil, James, Amy, Beth, Alli, Amy, Tim and a lot of others are racing, writing letters and working at making their programs better. Is complaining on a forum making it easier for you to get back to the track ?
Sorry Ted just trying to help. The sky is falling !
Old Today, 10:33 AM

Isnt a 600 cfm carb already a restrictor?

Is there an efficient way of teching rpm limiters?

These motors dont make power at 8000. I dont care who your engine builder is. The only reason I go that high is to save shifts and get better corner exit.

FP engines dont make much torque. Thats where RP cars with less horsepower are making up ground.

There is a fallacy i believe with thinking we should change the existing cars with the thought process is average joe can build a car tomorrow and go fight for a podium in the first year. Lets look at the past winners.

19,20- Eaton, he has been around AS forever and developing not only his car but others for over a decade.
18- Heinracy. Really? hes been here forever working with Tom A on development.
17-Bryan Long years of fox body development
16-Andy- Mr Asedan () had to.
15- Andy
14- Dylan Olsen his dad has been in the class for years. Youd be kidding yourself if you didnt think they have developed the hell out of that car
13- John H
12- Ed Hosni Veteran lived in his kitchen/garage for years
11- Andy
10- Andy
09- Tom Sloe- veteran. Need i go on?

The closest thing to a breakout win was probably Eric curran pro driver or drew cattel driver and developer for GM.

This idea that it doesnt take years and of development on not only the car but the driver as well is a farse. My first runoffs we were 10 seconds slower than andy in 2010. We have non stop developed the car as well as I have been constantly developing my abilities behind the wheel.

Preparing for INDY i was watching my video form 2017 and wanted to puke about how terrible i was only 4 years ago.

A runoffs podium or win is not something that can be bought or fell into in this class. Thats what makes AS so great. It takes years of hard work and dedication. Everyone has to start somewhere. I have said it before and ill say it again. I would trade 25 hp for just .2 more Gs of side load in handling.

Sorry for the wall of text. I hope to see everyone soon. Pissed i wont be at atlanta but keeping racing on a tight budget this year with Twins due in June.
Old Today, 10:36 AM

Danny, twins do in June Super COOL !!!!

Old Today, 03:09 PM

Congrats Danny!