Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Pics and Videos

Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Walther

Default Death of an AS

I bought the car body for $75, and scraped it for $80. Who says you cannot make money in AS?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
fairlane_68

I see you were finally able to get down to the minimum weight for a Fox body.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Walther

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_68 View Post
I see you were finally able to get down to the minimum weight for a Fox body.

Actually, I abandoned the ITO project and had to make room for my new racecar, a Panoz GT-RA. I'm converting it to a Panoz GTS and will run it in GT2 for now with it's current engine. After a few race weekends, I'm dropping in my dry-sump 358 and running GT-1. I cannot wipe the grin off my face. i cannot believe I own a racecar of this caliber.

Ricky Bobbie said it best; "I wanna go fast!!!"
Old 09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
fairlane_68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walther View Post

Actually, I abandoned the ITO project and had to make room for my new racecar, a Panoz GT-RA. I'm converting it to a Panoz GTS and will run it in GT2 for now with it's current engine. After a few race weekends, I'm dropping in my dry-sump 358 and running GT-1. I cannot wipe the grin off my face. i cannot believe I own a racecar of this caliber.

Ricky Bobbie said it best; "I wanna go fast!!!"
Sweet...you'll have to put up some pictures somewhere. I like watching the Panoz cars race. I'm still trying to get the folks here to look into an ITO class as well, but hopefully come spring I'll be autocrossing and doing track days as much as finances allow. I can't believe after only three years I'm almost track ready with the car. Not done by a long shot, but enough to go make some noise and have fun.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Walther

I don't have any I took myself. Here is a pic that I clipped off the website I bought it from...
Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 PM
socalta

Very nice Mark.....

is that the actual car?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Bet it has a T-5
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Walther

Jorge, yes; that is the actual car. HATE the paint. I played for Georgia Tech and it has a Florida Gator paint job. yuck

Jim, Actually it has a Tremec prepared by TTC with a .83 5th. Supposedly rated for more than 600/600. Penskes, Brembo's, Watts link, BBS wheels, rear control arms that extend forward to the midpoint of the car. and a near 50/50 bias. The car has a laundry list of enviable parts. I came across it farting around on the internet. When I realized I could purchase the entire car for less than my ITO would have cost to complete, I couldn't get the checkbook out fast enough. I already got started on the motor that will eventually be fitted in the car. Its a 358 FMS dry sump block with a custom Sonny Bryant billet 3.29 stroke crank that weighs 35 lbs, 6.2" Lentz rods, and a 4.160 bore. Most of the short block pieces came from RoushYates. Head selection will most likely be a (modest) set of AFR 225's and a Victor Jr Intake. That should put me at or near 600 HP @7500 according to my engine builder. All that in a car that weighs 2550# (now) The car should be a blast to drive with a motor that should last a long time.

Last edited by Walther; 09-12-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:20 PM
CobraR05

600hp at 2600lbs? thats a lot of car. be careful.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Walther

More like 2800 with my fat in it.

Fear thee not, I've raced cars nearly that light/powerful before, albeit with all left hand turns. Plus, this car actually has down-force.