Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 03-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Default April 2019 Prelims AS letters

The Prelim Minutes have AS letters you may wish to review. The two that I plan to submit letters of support for are:

1. Jim Wheeler's letter 26393 which is a REC for 2020. If passed by the BOD, it will enable all of us to have rear tubular control arms in 2020. This because the SMG has tubular control arms in the rear.

2. Jim Wheeler's letter 26392, a Member Advisory, looking for feedback on disabling the ABS on SMG cars. I will include in my letter the hope that they can effect this change prior to the 2019 Runoffs, as those cars with ABS in a rain Runoffs race would have a HUGE advantage.

Pam
Old 03-23-2019, 02:05 PM

I agree with both proposals, with one modification.
The Fox and SN95 mustang RLCA also carries the spring and anti-roll bar. Many of the aftermarket arms have provision for the bar, and we should allow the stock type bars.
The phrase restricting the arm to axle locating only applies to the S197 mustang and cambirds.
AS #71
Detroit Region

Last edited by MarkMuddiman; 03-23-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:55 PM

Put that in a letter, with specifics, and we can support it.
wheel

p.s. send in comments and your input..... Get it on the record.... It is very difficult for the CRB and the ASAC to rule opposite of what the members want. Notice I said difficult. They have proven that, even though though the rank and file don't want something (SMG in AS) they can still shove it down our throats.

Last edited by jimwheeler; 03-23-2019 at 04:04 PM.