Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 09-12-2017, 03:53 PM

Default Test

Ted --

IF (and I do mean IF) we can build one, it would be run at test days and probably regional races as an ITE car. ITE typically runs in the same run group as AS, so, you could get some comparisons.

It would not be run as an AS car against the current cars if it was not compliant, aka, if that engine had not been approved.

Pam
Old 11-08-2017, 05:07 PM

Default Letters! Letters! Letters!

This FI idea and now proposal can be found in the October 2017 Fastrack, letter 21800.

So far, there have been minimal letters one way or the other from the active community, for sure, and the interested and potential community as well.

It would be great if all of you could send in your feedback on this proposal. It would really help the ASAC to understand what you think of the proposal and whether or not you think it would be a positive step forward for American Sedan.

Thanks, Pam
Old 12-04-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Sanda View Post
Ted,

Because the LS1, LS2 and LS6 are no longer produced. You can get LS2's as "factory remans", but you get a Frankenstein (at least the one I bought was).

Going LS7 or LSX is, we think, way too much displacement.

As for restrictions, it's not apples to apples. FP allows unlimited cam development within max lift restrictions. If you put plates on the FP cars, those with the budget or ability would simply develop cams to maximize the output, and the lower budget guys would still be stuck.

On the proposed motors, it is stock cam, no modifications. You can not design around the restrictor.
Since I have written letters through the proper channels now, I'm more confused. As I understand it, the proposal for fuel injected engines into full prep, the ls3 is the only option for gm cars? An ls3 that will require a dry sump for reliability correct?. Yet, limited prep 4th gen gm cars like Dean and Aarons, have ls1 engines with good reliability without a dry sump. If the reasoning for not allowing ls1 or 2s into full prep is because they are no longer produced then what are limited prep racers going to do if they need a new engine? Buy a ls3 and install a dry sump? Just a question after writing a letter through the system