Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > ASAC News

Old 03-29-2018, 12:42 PM

I'm not actually gonna throw the thing out the window. I said I would race with the weight to just don't like it. Some guys are not going to race bacause of it. I'm not the guy to look at as far as data though. Car prep and driver skill matter and those things are not taken into consideration.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:16 PM

It costs roughly 3k per weekend to race my car. My car was 2 seconds slower than pole time and just competitive with the rest of the top 5 or 6 at the 2014 runoffs. I know for a fact that 200 pounds of lead will not make my car faster. I will not be your test rat at $3,000 per weekend!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdolsen View Post
It costs roughly 3k per weekend to race my car. My car was 2 seconds slower than pole time and just competitive with the rest of the top 5 or 6 at the 2014 runoffs. I know for a fact that 200 pounds of lead will not make my car faster. I will not be your test rat at $3,000 per weekend!
There were some pretty neat rule changes since the 2014 runoffs that seem to have benefited the older cars especially the fox body. I just did a quick scan of Majors and Super tour results and see the last time your car turned a wheel at the national level was one weekend in 2015(Deeply sorry if im incorrect). Lots of things are different now.

I hope to see you and Dylan this year at Sonoma. It was a pleasure to meet your son (i dont think i had the chance to meet you) at laguna. He has a great deal of talent!
Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 AM

The statements that the rule changes help the fox Mustang more are obsurd. The lexan windows mostly helped the 3 Rd gen Camaro, Firebird. Everyone got splitters which pretty much do nothing. Everyone got all the same stuff. The engine head Change years ago helped the GM cars more than anyone else. It's all political based on whose making the rules. Always has been with SCCA and always will be.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomics View Post
The statements that the rule changes help the fox Mustang more are obsurd. The lexan windows mostly helped the 3 Rd gen Camaro, Firebird. Everyone got splitters which pretty much do nothing. Everyone got all the same stuff. The engine head Change years ago helped the GM cars more than anyone else. It's all political based on whose making the rules. Always has been with SCCA and always will be.
I think i said all older cars especially the fox body.

I had a huge reply written describing the difference between weight and balance. The Camber argument, and overall the effect of what splitters work and which dont, but i realized something..... In this entire thread there are two sides and no matter what is written no one changes sides or opinion. So i guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I hope to see everyone at the race track and understand if you choose to not play this year.

Cheers!
Old 03-30-2018, 07:07 PM

Yeah, agree to disagree. I agree, to disagree.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:20 AM

Actually Danny, there have been one or two Gen 3 guys that commented the Fox guys are getting screwed after they read some Fox posts.

Fox bodies had a 200# "advantage" for 20+ years and the Foxes never dominated. All of us that have been in this class for awhile have invested a lot of money and time in our cars. The actions that have been taken over the last 18 months have pretty much rendered the Foxes unsaleable as AS cars.

Frankly I don't think the wt adds are as big of a "Boogeymen" as some fear, but the push to fix what was not broken concerns me.

At a time when the health of the class is poor we should be advertising and celebrating how very closely matched a number of different spec lines are.

Tom H
Old 03-31-2018, 10:25 AM

Tom
I can respect that post more than any other. I commend you for it. Thank you
Old 03-31-2018, 12:52 PM

National level?? Here in the North West we get more participation and better racing in an organization called ICSCC. We ran our car several times in 2015 and 2016. I parked it at the start of 2017 in protest to the first 100 # penalty. And I refuse to race SCCA in 2018 in further protest to the new 100# penalty.

I cant seem to sell the car, no one has even offered $1 for it. I wonder how much money I will have to pay someone to take it away.

If I cant sell it it will become a chump car. I will not race this car in a non competitive configuration. If you want the fox's to run at the same weight as the gen 3 Camaro, then make a maximum track width rule and give all cars the means to achieve the improvements. Same weight = same track. If you wont let us have the same track then restore our weight break.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:28 PM

ICSCC that looks pretty cool. Look like they use the SCCA GCR as part of the rule book which makes it easy to jump back and forth. Its always cool to have that option. On this side of the cornfields we just have AER and Lemons. AER is fun though.

The market for older race cars has fallen off. Across the board. At least from what I see on the east coast. The big spenders by used Touring cars or GT cars and the budget racers buy miatas.

Im sorry that your protesting this year scott. Was hoping to dice it up with you guys this year. If you stop by sonoma at all say hi!

Since its been 4 years since laguna. Maybe we will get to race again in 2022!