Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan News

Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Chuck Dawson

The ASAC met last night, with Chuck Dawson in his last appearance as a member. Chuck has devoted more hours, days, hell months, to the class than anyone, EVER.
He has been a member of the AS Advisory Committee for 13 years. That is longer than there has been an Advisory Committee. It used to be called AdHoc. His service goes back to when rule change requests were delivered by snail mail.
The class had been only been a National class for a season or two when he joined the AdHoc Committee.
In my relatively short time working for AS, I have turned to Chuck for help and guidance more times than I can count. So has every member of the ASAC and most of the CRB and BOD. Whether it was a question about GM or Ford, Chuck was the person to whom we turned.

This, of course, was in addition to the Chili parties and other non-official functions that have meant as much to ASedan as anything else.

Anyone who races in American Sedan owes a great deal of gratitude to Chuck. I add mine here. Thanks, Chuck.
wheel
Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 PM
jd17

I will agree with Wheeler, Chuck and Chas are super nice people. Thanks Chuck for all the things you have done for me on and off the track. Good people them Dawson's

JD
Old 12-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Thanks Chuck.
1993 Firebird AS #03 Oregon Region SCCA & ICSCC
Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 PM

Coming from the next generation, looking back at what has given us the opportunity to race in such an amazing class, it is people like you chuck that have created a home for us young buck v8 appreciators. Without you, and all the other old farts, there wouldnt be an american sedan class that exists today. Thank you Chuck. Thank You

It takes a lot to compete, even more to lead. Speaking with the voice of many, to change the views of few, that's the storybook of legend.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Administrator

I did not know Chuck was leaving the ASAC. What a sad day. Thanks for all you have done.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Thank you Chuck !
You're a major league class act
Old 12-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Default Thank You

Nothing more to add.

Just thank you.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Default thanks from afar

Chuck, our paths have rarely every crossed (I recall only one Runoffs) since we're on opposite sides of the country but I'm sure I still benefit from all your hard work every time I open the GCR, race against other AS folks, and scratch my head over what to do next in terms of car prep.

Thanks so much for your tireless efforts to help make the class what it is today!

So, now that you have all this extra free time, how many AS cars per year are you going to build???

Bill S.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Walther

Chuck and Chas were invaluable to me when I got started in AS. They both selflessly help any racer who needs it, especially AS racers. I cannot recall how many times I've called them for advice. Great guys, both.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 PM
racerbob4

Chuck and Chas are great people. We met them at Roebling Road when we couldn't get our T2 Camaro to take any gas and our race was in less than an hour. Chas knew immediately what the problem was, solved it and we made the race and won. It was close though and we towed for 15 hours just to get there.

Rob and I saw Chuck and Chas yesterday and today at the PRI show. I beleive they were shopping for some horses.

Bob Hines