Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan General

Old 10-08-2005, 12:46 PM
23CRLmotorsports

Thumbs up Ding Dong The Witch is Dead

Well it wasnt a bad car but its Sold.... I wanted to Thank all the guys who Helped me along the way. Loaned me this or that or pointed me in the right direction to make the car faster.( and then shut completely up after I beat you LOL) Ill probably see most of you guys from time to time and since I have a real race car Ill probably turn my nose and laugh as you guys mess with that production car crap... LOL j/k , Im sure ill be fixing mine or helping a freind fix his. But I just wanted to thank most of you for the great racing and the lessons learned. See you guys next year..

P.S. I still have a few spare parts for sale ill check back and update the list from time to time...
Old 10-10-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Lose one, gain one - zero sum

Congratulations to our newest licensed AS driver.

Scott Ackerman came to Mid America Motorplex this weekend with a big 3X on his Camaro and left with just the 3.
Along with crew chief and co-driver Tom Wallace, Scott ran the drivers' school on Saturday, the 2-hour enduro on Saturday afternoon and the regional on Sunday to come away with his license.
Bill Tucker and I ran his SM in the enduro, and it was an absolute hoot. Tom and Scott had the Camaro on jack stands off-and-on all weekend for the typical race weekend mechanical stuff and Bill and I had to add half a quart of oil and clean off the windshield.

Again, great job Scott.
wheel
Old 10-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Ackjazz

Thanks for the props Wheel - you are right about the Enduro - it was a hoot! I had a great time and I want to thank you for offering up your help and providing Tom and I with your "rolling Summit parts bin"...that came in VERY handy! You, Bill and Ted Johnson were very helpful and supportive to me all weekend and that was great! The perfect definition of coopetition as DW says.

By the way, props to Wheel for nearly passing me 3 times, but then ran into "unexpected delays and an off track excursion", once at the hand of another AS driver of all things, then to finally overtake me in a SM on the next to last lap...I thought I'd follow to learn his line and driving style, then realized I let him by on the last lap - and it was for overall position! I guess I'll work on better track/race management next time. Wallace is still ribbing me about that move.

I especially want to thank Tom Wallace for being my crew chief, chief mechanic, shlep and invaluable advice giver for me all weekend - not to mention co-driving the "3X" in the Enduro! I'm sure there were a few people wondering why a car with an X on the door was in 2nd overall for the first half of the race - looking like a whale in the midst of the guppies as he battled four SRFs! We had a great time and while the car ran great, it wasn't without the typical AS "what in the world?" events throughout just to make it interesting.

It's great to be in the seat and thanks again to all who helped get me there!

Ack
Old 10-10-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Nice Job Scott

Nice Job Scott,

Heard third hand (via Brian) about your and Tom's adventures this weekend. Do us proud replacing me as the third AS car in that paddock for the next couple of years and maybe I can come back in '09 for a 4 car team looking to do better than my performance in '04.

Auf Wiedersehen

Mark
CenDiv AS #1 (formerly)
Old 10-10-2005, 07:26 PM
socalta

Next couple of years ... replacing .....

whaaaa happen ??????
Old 10-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Ackjazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Allen
Nice Job Scott,

Heard third hand (via Brian) about your and Tom's adventures this weekend. Do us proud replacing me as the third AS car in that paddock for the next couple of years and maybe I can come back in '09 for a 4 car team looking to do better than my performance in '04.

Auf Wiedersehen

Mark
CenDiv AS #1 (formerly)
Thanks Mark...and thanks for the fuel jugs. They came in handy! I'll do my best in the paddock...I certainly have the right team around me to help me accomplish great things. And there will be no shortage of fun, which is what it's all about!

Good luck in Deutchland...my homeland and heritage. In a little town near Bonn named Remels is a lumber mill - named Ackermann something or other...point being that is my Grandfathers old stomping ground and my cousins still run it. Take a pic for me if you ever pass by.

Be well and stay in touch!
-Ack
Old 10-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Will do Scott!

I will get there if I can. I'm sure I'll pass by sometime. Take care.

For those who didn't know it, I sat out this year due to retinal surgery and then accepted a 3 year assignment with GM in Germany. I should be back racing SCCA in '09.

Mark
Old 10-11-2005, 10:05 AM
socalta

wow ... well best of luck to you over in Germany and thanks for the help you have given me by answering my questions. If you have internet access stop back in....

be safe ....and take care .....
Old 10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Default Look who's in the background...

http://public.fotki.com/jdoctor/2005...o/dsc8923.html
Old 10-13-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Time Log: Minute 10

That would be capturing the moment in the pits. Well, more like minute ten of our "five Minute" pit stop.

Thanks for passing along Jeff.