Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 05-17-2019, 08:48 AM

Yes. A good conversation of past and present. And the status quo will continue. Letter writing for restrictors will be very limited at best
Old 05-17-2019, 11:17 AM

Default restrictor

Let the rules stay as is
if things get changed it will cost you even more. A restrictor will just cause the engine builders work harder to make power with restrictor. that will increase costs. Crate motor will cost with in 3 to 4 grand of full prep. full prep can go any place to be fresh. Crate has to go only to a authorized rebuilder. any time engine has to have work that will break a seal must go to authorized shop.
If some of our sponsors , that sell us Heads, cams, ignition systems, etc. are not going to be selling to us anymore do you think they will support the class. Food for thought. This has happened to dirt tracts the local machine shops and parts stores quite buying advertising because they did not benefit any more.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:21 PM

Ken. How do you work around the choke flow limit of a sir restrictor? I can see how you could with a plate restrictor. Just curious

"Choke flow is the distinct limit when the restrictor will flow no more air, regardless of downstream vacuum. This occurs when the flow velocity reaches the speed of sound across the restricted area"
Old 05-17-2019, 08:59 PM

Default Restrictor

My post did not mention any changes to our rules. I was stating my opinion only. Leave things alone. We don't need to always look for ways to reinvent the wheel. Please don't get me wrong we always want to try to go faster, let's try to do it by maximizing our car prep etc. If a change is put into the rules that means we all have to spend money to do it. It will not equalize cars.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:03 AM

See Scott? Don't waste your time with restrictor discussions. Keep the money pit full prep engines/ engine builders happy.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:26 PM

Ted,
it's to bad you don't get it.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Andy I was expecting your typical retort by 9 am. Your slowing down dude. Ken's was right on que. I guess when a fourth gen Camaro rp car with an affordable ls engine and hot cam gets a couple runoffs wins and more rp cars get built then you will get where I'm coming from. Peace
Old 05-18-2019, 01:21 PM

Just come race, then bitch.
All I'm asking for.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:28 PM

I'll keep racing. Watching what the new committee does to sort things out properly. Looks like the fox body is where it needs to be. Now waiting to see how the rp Camaro does with comparable power to you. Let the data and results sort things out without wasting my time and money. Time will tell.

P.S. I didn't start this restrictor topic, Sanda did so apparently he doesn't get it either.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:09 AM

Scott does get it, that's the point.
Where are you racing AS ?