Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > ASAC News

Old 12-31-2017, 02:04 PM

Default Re: AS and AI playing together

Ted, you've opened a topic I've also wondered about: AS & AI cars racing together. I've looked at times at a few common tracks. Depending on track, they're not that far off.

Here's the thought: Everyone on this forum is looking for ways to get more participation in American Sedan. I'm convinced that everyone has the best interests of the class in mind. I agree with something Ted has written before - that recent AS winners could win head up against anyone in the AI world.

So, how about an "invitational" race, outside the scope of points - everyone runs their own set of rules? If we could find even a modest sponsorship (Toyo vs. Hoosier?), paying out cash would incent a pretty big turnout. FWIW, I used to belong to a local drag-race oriented "Ford-only" club. We annually held "Ford vs. Chevy" drag races, 100 cars max on each side, a spectator event. We netted $40k a year, after paying for the track, promotion, etc. That funded our club activities for the year. Who wouldn't pay a few bucks to see what would amount to the current version of the 1970 TransAm?

The point of this is that exposure to SCCA racing cannot hurt - it might incent some NASA guys to move over with the prospect of a significant national championship on the line. As Jim Wheeler wrote above, NASA championships are not that well attended. The "Franchise" model they run on tends to keep everyone running in their regions. SCCA is different in that regard. Maybe they'd like our way better?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:42 PM

If you would like to discuss this, I would be happy to but we should move it to a different thread. I won't start it as I'm constantly accused of being a pot stirrer and forum troll here. I like your ideas.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:19 PM

Might be a good idea. I thought about this one for a bit, as it surely will generate comment....
Old 01-01-2018, 09:27 AM

How do they police horsepower to weight?
Old 01-01-2018, 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=nomics;34596]How do they police horsepower to weight?[/QUOTEHin

Hi Matt. Pm sent
Old 01-06-2018, 12:40 PM

Is this a hoax?

https://www.scca.com/downloads/39677...final/download
Old 01-07-2018, 10:11 PM

Default Its on the SCCA site, looks legit

Maybe the arguments for reducing weight to help certain cars was heard instead of adding more lead to the fox cars. Its on the SCCA site, so it should be legit, fox mustangs are back to 3150. Nice
Old 01-08-2018, 07:11 AM

To clarify: The note that the weight change may be reconsidered, as part of a look at all weights in AS. means that it may still be part of the future of AS. The ASAC withdrew it so that, if it comes back, it would be part of an overall adjustment.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:55 PM

So should we be writing letters to ASAC with our input on this matter or is it just going to happen? I want to voice my concerns and am kind of tired of complaining here.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler View Post
First, we don't ignore track, we just don't regulate it. You can use any wheel offset or spacers to fit. Second, the other outfit, at their national championships had 10 cars on one coast and 3 cars on the other coast, in AI, so they must be doing something right. Or not.
Depends on the racer, but it's not worth it for me to lay out most of a season's budget to go to the National Championships to run for the same contingency money as a Regional weekend.