Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan News

Old 02-23-2007, 04:52 PM

Default CRB stuff

The Club Racing Board meets the first week of March, and American Sedan is on their agenda for that meeting. There is an extensive list of items that we have all discussed and I think that many of them will be part of the meeting.
I'm sure that some things will be put out for racer comment, some sent to the BOD with recommendations, some will be tabled and some will be passed (items that do not require passage by the BOD) and included in Fastrack or in a Tech Bulletin. This all is just personal guessing, on my part, and should not be thought of as an ASAC post.

Jim
Old 02-23-2007, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the update Jim. I am sure many of us were
wondering. I know I was.
1993 Firebird AS #03 Oregon Region SCCA & ICSCC
Old 02-26-2007, 02:35 PM

The ASAC had another meeting last night. Our normal monthly meetings have become weekly as we try to put a ton of stuff before the CRB for their meeting on 6 March.
Three new members have joined the committee, bringing the number to nine. Ed Hosni, Mustang, Kyle Watkins, Mustang and Phil Smith, Camaro, are now members. Thanks to everyone who submitted a resume. Those resumes are still on file, so you are not out of the woods yet.

We meet again next Sunday night.

Jim
Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
jericker

Thanks for joining in on the ASAC fun guys. I couldn't think of three better choices for the positions than the three that were taken. Good luck on all of the work guys and thanks for all of your efforts.

Jon
Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
socalta

Congrats to the three that got added.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Open letter to the new members

Congrats or condolences, I'm not really sure which. My time on the ASAC has been one of the more frustrating experiences of my life. I don't take any of it personally, but I have such high hopes for this class that I don't want to screw it up. Screw it up by contributing my part to making too many changes or screw it up by not making enough changes. I ask all of the new guys to think first of the class and second of their own race car. It is very hard to separate the two, but it is the only way the whole system will work. We are at a point where everything we do, as a committee, can make or break American Sedan. I don't say that lightly. It is true.

So, welcome to all three of you, and good luck.

Jim
Old 02-28-2007, 05:12 PM
socalta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler
I ask all of the new guys to think first of the class and second of their own race car. It is very hard to separate the two, but it is the only way the whole system will work.
By this do you mean accept the changes as they come for the good of the class regardless of the personal impact?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Thanks. And Wake Up Jim!

I appreciate the personal sacrifice you are going to make (and the sacrifices of those that went before you). May the force be with you.

Now, just don't it up. And, oh, please hurry. No pressure. Really.

Wheel musta hit the snooze alarm this morning. 25 times.

Last edited by t4wallace; 03-01-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I cain't speel reel gewd
Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 AM

I've been up since 0400. I just chose not to answer.
wheel
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 AM
socalta

Well, thats unfortunate...

I wasn't asking because I disagree or was questioning your intent ... I just am not clear on what you mean. I would like to think of myself as a "new guy" even though working on my damn car is taking so long so I lack the history ya'll got.

For me, I care about the rules because I care about the class to the extent that I can...just trying to understand more is all ..