View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:42 PM

Default Please read this

I'LL REPEAT IT HERE. TO ANSWER ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS, THIS WOULD NEVER BE A REQUIREMENT, IT WOULD BE AN OPTION FROM HERE TO ETERNITY.

The other issues you are mentioning are valid ones and are certainly open for discussion.

Recall that this will appear in the April 20 Fastrack (if approved by the CRB as a What Do You Think) and that will be the only place that you can officially tell the CRB/ASAC what you think. You'll need to send in a letter AFTER April 20.

The ONLY reason this is coming up is because last year someone asked us about potentials for lower engine costs (Ken mentioned 15K, we are looking at things that potentially cost less) and the ASAC put together a proposal. We made a promise to that member we would look at it this year, potentially for 2014.

PLEASE NOTE THAT A "WHAT DO YOU THINK" IN FASTRACK IS NOT A RECOMMENDED ITEM. WE ARE LOOKING FOR HOW THE COMMUNITY FEELS BEFORE WE EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING IN THE PROPOSAL AS A RECOMMENDED ITEM OR NOT.

AND I WILL REPEAT, NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE. WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

If this is not clear, please send me a PM with a phone number and I will call you personally to chat about it.

Pam

P. S. I will add, that, at least in my case, we refresh the motor at the end of each season. Depending on what the motor needs, our refreshes, done by our professional builder run $4K-$6K. Please keep that in mind as you think about total engine costs with replacing a crate every number of years. You need to add the cost of your engine to be built, then refreshed how often you intend to do it.