American Sedan Forum

American Sedan Forum (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/index.php)
-   American Sedan Pics and Videos (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   AS Race Video Speedcasttv (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/showthread.php?t=2045)

smithpr 10-03-2009 07:23 PM

AS Race

Speed Cast has the AS race scheduled to go on line on Sunday. I can't wait. I am tired of the Tech debate and want to watch some racing.:D

P

smithpr 10-04-2009 02:25 PM

AS Race Video Speedcasttv

Watched the race today on Speedcast. Pretty good. Good coverage at front the rest of the field got zero time. :confused: We drive the heck out of these cars and Andy is very fast. :bowdown:

Other thoughts?

Philip

Fred Hetherwick 10-04-2009 02:47 PM

Decent coverage, but I am a little disappointed. Kelly and I raced nose to tail for practically the whole race, swapping positions a number of times and got no air. We may not have been in the front, but we had the best race without a doubt. Sixth and seventh place isn't exactly the back of the pack.

Fred

jimwheeler 10-04-2009 03:41 PM

Coverage was fair to poor. Lots of time looking at empty track after Andy went through. Lazy director, didn't call for shots from any cameras not looking at front three. Compare this to the same length race on Speed, even with commercials, and there was always more to watch. But, at least it is something.

ASGTO 10-04-2009 08:15 PM

All I got to see was broken intermittent video clips and voice. Everyone on the track was racing hard but you would never know it.

ASGTO 10-04-2009 08:24 PM

Did anyone catch on the speedcasttv replay in the beginning where they showed the list of drivers? They listed John Heinricy as the 2008 Runoffs National Champion????? I distinctly remember somebody named Andy getting fined for a victory burnout! hmmm. Four clicks of the mouse and the previous winner info can be attained!

Walther 10-05-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASGTO
Did anyone catch on the speedcasttv replay in the beginning where they showed the list of drivers? They listed John Heinricy as the 2008 Runoffs National Champion????? I distinctly remember somebody named Andy getting fined for a victory burnout! hmmm. Four clicks of the mouse and the previous winner info can be attained!

They were so pissed about the Scotch Brite they gave him a 2 year retroactive disqualification.

jimwheeler 10-05-2009 08:52 PM

Walher,
You're a funny dude.

PatWilmot 10-05-2009 11:15 PM

I'll tell you, I'm twenty years old and this is my first year in AS. And watching you boys drive taught me a lot about what I need to do. I hope to see ya'll at the runoffs next year!!

jimwheeler 10-06-2009 07:40 AM

Pat,
Drive like Andy McD, and you will soon end up on your roof. In my 35 years of racing and filming racers, I have only seen a handful of drivers that can do what he does with a race car.