American Sedan Forum

American Sedan Forum (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/index.php)
-   Runoffs (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   2015 Runoffs (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3562)

PamRichardson 07-06-2015 07:50 PM

2015 Runoffs

If anyone doesn't realize the safety challenges we will face at Daytona for this year's Runoffs, please view on TV or your computer what happened at the 400 yesterday.

It will be paramount that everyone play well together, watch out for each other, and consider carefully your racing moves.

Your friendly American Sedan Mom... :)

smithpr 07-22-2015 11:11 AM

Registration is open:D:D

fastandyracing 08-02-2015 11:33 PM

Runoffs question

Ok all of you folks that have been going to the runoffs for years, I am a total newbie at this. Been racing CFR and SEdiv for 5 years, reasonably fast regional guy, just so so with you big dogs.

I am looking for any advice anyone might have for me in regards to making the runoffs as fun and entertaining as possible.

I know the track well, at least I have that going for me. My home (and my shop) is only an hour away, so if I get into any car trouble I should be able to handle it.

Of course, if anyone needs a hand with anything, I have a well equipped detached garage at my house. I have just about anything tool wise you would need, press, bearing pullers, a lift, welder, plasma cutter, etc available. I have a pretty decent spare parts inventory, mostly Ford stuff, but I know where to get just about anything you might need in the area. I am well versed in setting up 8.8 and 9" gears, rebuilding tremec and T5 trannies, should anyone need assistance.

Anyway, back to my questions.

Any particular strategies for qualifying?
Anything to not do (other than wreck or break obviously)

Just looking for some input, looking forward to a fun week at the track, and meeting some of the folks I have been posting with.

Just an FYI for anyone who has never been on the track at Daytona. It is a HOOT, maybe not the best race track layout ever, but the first time you pull up on the banking coming out of the infield, you will think you are going to fall out the window! Its really an experience.

Thanks

Andy

PamRichardson 08-03-2015 09:37 AM

Your offer and ???s

Andy --

Welcome to the Runoffs! I hope you have a wonderful week! It really can be a lot of fun and all of the Richardson Racing crew (as I am sure many others) look forward to meeting you! Please check out the paddock maps to find out where your fellow ASers are paddocking (we are in 167-68, I think). I am confident they all want to meet you!

As for your offer, please stand by! I am sure that someone or several teams will need some help and you may have quite a few visitors to your garage!

Fun stuff! Take in all the evening activities, dinners, snacks, etc., and meet as many SCCA people as you can! I believe Tom Ellis is hosting an AS dinner Wed night, be sure to join all of us there (Tom, please chime in!). Please attend the CRB meeting with AS on Tuesday, as a lot of info and questions usually happen for the benefit of the class

As for qualifying, you probably have a strategy that you use there and probably should follow for the first day, to get a feel for your fellow competitors. Each team does have their own strategy, always with the goal of getting the best possible lap time. I'm not sure what ours will be this year, as the tire situation with the new Hoosier 7s is different (for the better!). Often, a team will set up for a flyer lap, and, if successful, will come in after that. Some will wait in pit lane on the start of the session to have the team hopefully find them a clean lap location. I'm guessing that those practicing prior to the Runoffs week (Danny will be out on Sunday), will be feeling their way to figuring out that strategy.

You will find you have a lot of down time during the week, as each day, you have only one session. That usually leaves time for car prep, visiting, watching, checking out vendors, etc. Just enjoy your first Runoffs, have a great time, and meet lots of new great friends!

Pam

fastandyracing 08-03-2015 11:10 AM

Pam, thanks for the kind words, I'll be out on the Sunday test day breaking in a new engine so I'll see you then.

ls there a way to find out where all of the AS folks are pitting, can you print out a list or something?

Thanks again, and see you at Daytona.

Andy

jimwheeler 08-03-2015 12:45 PM

If you go to the map, you can click on each parking spot and it will tell you who is in that spot. The map is at the Runoffs page, event spaces, which is in a red box next to entry list.
wheel

tellis#51sediv 08-03-2015 06:11 PM

Hey Pam,
Yes I am planning a get together Wed night for food and beverages. We registered late so the only way we could get parking for the rigs is by the blue garages, so we are in 36 and 37. Chas thinks they will allow us to stay in that area at night so we can all meet around the garages and the rigs. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

te

fastandyracing 08-03-2015 07:00 PM

Jim,

I was kind of hoping there would be some way to print out by class where everyone was parking, but that would be to easy.

I'll figure it out when I get there, looking forward to seeing everyone.

Andy

Cheyne Daggett 08-19-2015 06:48 PM

Runoffs early entry ends on Friday at 12am. Price goes to $995.

Also I will be in the purple area with Angry Sheep Motorsports. We are between Fall-Line and Phoenix.

Cheyne

tellis#51sediv 08-24-2015 03:58 PM

Runoffs American Sedan Party

Just for everyones info. I spoke to Chuck and he was willing to cater our party on Wed night of runoffs week. So that way we can meet at his tent that will already be set up and is outside the fenced in area. Country Low Boil! Looking forward to seeing everyone.