American Sedan Forum

American Sedan Forum (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/index.php)
-   American Sedan Rules (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tent Meeting RO's ?? (http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/showthread.php?t=617)

Jerry Post 10-13-2006 11:38 AM

Tent Meeting RO's ??

Anyone know what happened at the AS Tent Meeting?? Does it look as if we are going to get any rule changes for 2007?

t4wallace 10-16-2006 10:28 AM

Wasn't There, But...

We got there late, but what I know is that AS was moved to the opening class on the agenda, so many were late. I don't think any AS issues were put before the CRB. Andy or Wheel could comment more specifically.

What I do know is that Andy pulled all the AS folks aside and distributed where AdHoc is at as far as moving forward with the engines and wanted a very quick response/opinion on the outline/proposal. There was a handout given at the meeting and at the chili party that had this content. I also know that we need to move quickly so that we have a prayer of getting the CRB to bless any changes in a timely manner.

We need to get this live on the site somewhere so that those not at Topeka, or those that did not get it while they were there can have input.

Wheel or Andy have much more to say on this I'm sure.

koscieldrk 10-16-2006 01:24 PM

I saw the list, if they approve what was on it be prepared to spend thousands. 1 item was to be able to run any cast iron block, when I read this it must mean the Dart blocks are going to be legal or maybe you can run a Ford in Bow Tie. Also any connecting rods, World Product heads wish I could remember it all. Looks like NASA is going to start to look really good to a bunch of AS guys. AS is slowly turning into a sheet metal GT1 Class.

t4wallace 10-16-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koscieldrk
I saw the list, if they approve what was on it be prepared to spend thousands. 1 item was to be able to run any cast iron block, when I read this it must mean the Dart blocks are going to be legal or maybe you can run a Ford in Bow Tie. Also any connecting rods, World Product heads wish I could remember it all. Looks like NASA is going to start to look really good to a bunch of AS guys. AS is slowly turning into a sheet metal GT1 Class.

Becuase thousands aren't being spent now??? There were many $20K engines that started that race Dwaine. And that's a 20, not a 2.

For those that haven't seen the "list" be patient. We'll get what Dwaine is talking about posted so that you can form your own opinion.

koscieldrk 10-16-2006 06:54 PM

$20,000 for a motor, what have you been puttin in your pipe. Another case of around the campfire talk, or mine is bigger than yours na na na na. I know for a fact that 4 of the top 10 cars spent way way way less than that, they probably could have had 2 motors for that. Yeah if you want to blow your money on the exotic stuff just to say you have it. $400 dollar pistons opposed to the $1100 pistons. Gee for $20,000 I could have 3 motors built that would make 380 to 390 HP.

wlfpkrcn 10-16-2006 07:09 PM

Sounds like a low HP number for a Ford motor:laughing: :cheers:

jimwheeler 10-16-2006 07:12 PM

Guys, don't comment on Dwayne's posts, it just encourages him.

jd17 10-16-2006 11:26 PM

foolish

Dwaine
it doesn't do any good to try and talk sense to some of these guy's were not front runners so were nada to them if they want to go spend 2.5 million on an engine that barely makes 400 hp then let them. i just laugh at them i haven't spent 20,000 on my car in the five years i've run it and for the most part i've had a blast, and i've won the same amount of money they have.:laughing: one good thing about scca is the regions can pretty much do what they want and the national boys can do what they want. no matter i will still go to the bone yard get my $50 motor do the machine work myself and build my own motor and run in my region on their used tires and still have fun. it's ridiculous to here some of their arguments most of them want their race car to be like the family car, get in it drive it park it, maybe wash & wax it and its ready to go for the next time. wheeler this is not directed to you as much as it is some others you for one might understand what i mean.

John Haynes Southeast div. Florida region

koscieldrk 10-17-2006 07:52 AM

I don't need anyone to comment on my post to be encouraged, because I will comment on anybody's post were I feel necessary. Must be some truth in what I've been saying if your so worried about me posting. Yeah isn't it amazing how the real truth isn't being told and just because someone has a negative but truthful approach they want to slam the door.

BMiller 10-17-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t4wallace
Becuase thousands aren't being spent now??? There were many $20K engines that started that race Dwaine. And that's a 20, not a 2.

For those that haven't seen the "list" be patient. We'll get what Dwaine is talking about posted so that you can form your own opinion.

Hold on - I thought the new engine rules were going to be crafted by input from both the regional racer and the national racer....Now I'm hearing there is a secret "list" and only if you were at ROs and attended the tent/chili meeting you are privy to it? What happened? I say bye-bye time to sell the car and move on.:censored: